New S2 windshield? Are they extinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New S2 windshield? Are they extinct?

Are there still new S2 windshields available?

yeh i got one fitted because it had a stone chip, when the bloke looked at his computer for a price he said it was about £300 squid!!!!!!! but just cost me 50
    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

yeah they are the same as any audi coupe AFAIK just a right PITA to fit. Goto have mine done before too long.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Same here, again!
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Mines gone white in the corners, PITA to do i know, but it's gonna have to be done......
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Mines going white in the corner, but having heard about the grief fitting new ones (even for the pro's) I am going to wait until I cannot stand the sight of it!
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I know I sound like a smart ****, but the hardest thing about fitting the screen to coupes is getting all the trim off and removing the old glue.

Mine fell out........well came loose last year, I was able to remove it in one piece with some sucker pad thingy I got from machine mart and refitted it with some of the proper windscreen glue from Scotch. Doesn't leak or creak now, and I am defo no expert .

Oh and the other really hard thing about doing the job is keeping that black glue/mastic stuff off of your hands and surrounding trim

P.S. if you or one of the previous owners has had your screen replaced in the past, 9 times out of 10, you can bet your right nut that there will be some corrosion under the screen rubbers where the previous 'professional' screen fitter has scraped the old glue off compromising the galvanising and leaving bare steel to oxidise.
              Mark - Modded

Comment

Vonbeck, where did you get your new screen from for 50?

cheers
                Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

If you have fully comprehensive insurance you may not have to pay the full price. The usual thing is you pay the first £50 and the insurance company pays the rest. I have had several screens replaced that way.

Check your policy.

It does not cont as normal claim on your insurance.

David

Comment

Yes i have that with my insurance, well its actually a "free windscreen" replacement option, but there are no cracks in my screen yet, its just old and like most peoples the seal isnt great and has gone all white in the corners, and some small scratches, just want a brand new spanker

guess i'll be taking a hammer to it lol
                    Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Originally posted by s2_southwest
                      Yes i have that with my insurance, well its actually a "free windscreen" replacement option, but there are no cracks in my screen yet, its just old and like most peoples the seal isnt great and has gone all white in the corners, and some small scratches, just want a brand new spanker

guess i'll be taking a hammer to it lol
                      I don't know if this applies everywhere in the world, but here in the States some insurance companies will replace the windshield due to sand pitting. When it becomes a visibility problem, such as driving toward the sun in the morning, then they will replace it without it being completely broken.
                      Kenneth
                      1990 Coupe quattro
                      1991 200q20v x 2
                      1985 4ksq 20vt project
                      1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                      2006 Honda Ridgeline
                      1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

attitude > That's if your insurance co. CAN FIND ONE!!

They are either nil or factory rejects. See is you can locate one? Odds are you won't & if you do it will have some sort of defect in it...like the laminating failing. Even the US dealers won't even bother looking for one because they know they are extinct.
                        You know what they will tell you...buy a new A4.

Comment

attitude > That's if your insurance co. CAN FIND ONE!!

They are either nil or factory rejects. See if you can locate one? Odds are you won't & if you do it will have some sort of defect in it...like the laminating failing. Even the US dealers won't even bother looking for one because they know they are extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                            They are either nil or factory rejects. See is you can locate one? Odds are you won't & if you do it will have some sort of defect in it...like the laminating failing. Even the US dealers won't even bother looking for one because they know they are extinct.
                            If you hurry, you can buy one of the remaining good ones from this manufacturer. I don't know how this manufacturer, Sigla, compares to others.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
                            Kenneth
                            1990 Coupe quattro
                            1991 200q20v x 2
                            1985 4ksq 20vt project
                            1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                            2006 Honda Ridgeline
                            1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

through my insurance, the grey in the corners is the laninate that has failed
                              ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X