No announcement yet.

oil cooler surround to good enough condition to copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My solution .. I took a sheet of thin card /paper & formed a template bent & cut it up to find the shape that best suited to form a near original profile for this air duct .. while only useing angle bends that could be made up with a bender & not the hard to hand make radius forms .. with the cardboard template to my final shape .. a stainless sheet was cut out & folded then Tig welded on the 4 x Tapering corners .. to finish i used the original 2x stud plate. The result .. all works well, yes it is not 100% to the original Audi spec;.. but it looks the part & will last a lot longer than the Audi OE air duct.

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
      Dude.... I live in Spain its dry here, there no salt.... no rust or corrosion under my car

never really had problems with leaves

Thanks
      Point taken you lucky bar steward

Comment

This is my effort.
        Attached Files
        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Now thats a very good effort .. makes one wonder why Audi did not make them OE stainless to start with .. Ok we all know why .. its all about their costs & by the time it rots away the car will be out of any warranty and spare parts will not be available anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
            This is my effort.
            Looks like OEM

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz View Post
              Looks like OEM
              Now, when I say it's my effort, I have to confess that I didn't actually make myself. I just gave an old oil cooler with the original bracket and pipes attached to a friend, who got his mate to knock, what you see,up.
              I'm very very please with it.
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Working...
              X