S2 Coupe TOWBAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Coupe TOWBAR

Gonna have to get one fitted so if anyone has one for sale please let me know

ta
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

155 mph with a caravan

Remamber when they did that on top gear, towing a caravan with an Evo8. IIRC the windows caved in at about 140mph.
    Jon

91 3b S2

Now Sold

Comment

LOL, my boss at work has been telling me how his brother use to out accelerate people with a car and trailer on the back of his s2 avant.
      Greg

Comment

make sure you get a de-tachable one!!! nout worse than a nice car with a butt ugly ball stuffed through the bumper!!!

regards
        will

Comment

I just cant justify a removeable one when they cost £630+VAT!! can always get a removeable ball for it.
          Greg

Comment

how the **** can they justify that!!!!

Comment

how urgent is this tow bar?, i could make you a custom one for at least half the price which it detachable, then just wire your own light socket up, if your interested i will work out an exact price

Comment

Hey Greg, have you thought about what are going to do about your HID's if you get a towbar?

As your kit isn't self levelling you'll have issues when towing with the Rozzers. Don't know if the in car adjustment will dip them low enough.

Comment

can always adjust it manually first if needs be. or put the flaps across for driving abroad so they have a flat beam pattern.

Wab would be interested, I thought towbars had to be plated and stuff though?
                  Greg

Comment

Why do you want a tow bar on your S2
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                      can always adjust it manually first if needs be. or put the flaps across for driving abroad so they have a flat beam pattern.

Wab would be interested, I thought towbars had to be plated and stuff though?
                      What do you mean plated? I just fitted one to an octavia - it is nothing complicated - anyone who can cut and weld thick plate steel should be able to make a good one for you.
                      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Nah didnt mean that. found what I was thinking about.

European type approval 94/20/EC
                        In the U.K, with effect from 1st August 1998 all Passenger Carrying Vehicles up to 3500kgs Gross Vehicle Weight (M1 Vehicles) can only be fitted with European Type Approved towbars if the vehicle has received European Whole Vehicle Type Approval.

Non M1 vehicles, light commercial vehicles and private imports from outside the EEC do not need Approved Towbars; however, most car and some Light Commercial Vehicles such as vans commonly use the Type Approved Towbar.

Need a towbar because im looking at just running the S2 so i will need to tow my disco kit with it instead of the pug
                        Greg

Comment

Are these rules not just for new cars?

I can think of some aftermarket things that are not legal on your car so I wouldn't worry about that.
                          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

true will have a look into it. How difficult would it be to convert a fixed ball to a removeable?
                            Greg

Comment

I am searching for one for my RS2 ! But i also can't find nothing!
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                              X