01E Gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01E Gearbox

After much research into this subject, I am now looking for / need a 2004 A4 TDI quattro trans from a 180 HP V6 TDI. Not exactly common. The trans code is ENV. It has 3,89 gearing. If anyone knows of one please let me know.
    Many thanks
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

oe1

i think there is one on ebay right now brand new it says

Comment

Have mailed him asking
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

How about a 20v URQ box Chris? are these ratios different to yours?
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...557269521&rd=1

Comment

Martin,
          the ratios on this box are very similar to mine except for a slight difference in final drive (3.89 instead of 4.11).
          However, from info I have managed to gather, the 016 g/b is only good to about 300bhp (mine is already more), the weak point being 3rd and 4th where they are on a hollow shaft and the teeth can strip. The 01E internals are far beefier and more than capable of running 500+, so for any further upgrades something does need changing!
          THe ENV coded 01E is from a 2004 A4 180bhp TDI and the only one with 3.89 final drive. THe idea is to get hold of this g/b for the final drive and swap ratios from another 01E to give me the speeds in gears I would like. I could then use 6th as an overdrive only and drive off boost at 80mph (2400rpm) as opposed to now ((4000rpm).
          The only other option is to get hold of a g/b and go to a g/b builder. I have talked to Jack Knight about this already, but obviously this option, especially for a one off box would not be cheap (maybe get others interested in a gear set to bring down prices?). TThese would be straight cut gears (not a dogbox), but I am not sure ju8st how noisy these would be?
          Incidently, having spoken to them, they also do a diff to fit the Audi (or could do?) which would be every bit as good, probably better in fact than Quifes offering, but they would say that?
          Cheers
          Chris
          Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
          20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

016 can take way more than 300. Btw it's the torque that kills the box, not hp.
            -

Comment

Porkkis,
              Dare I tempt fate, so far my 016 has proved ultra reliable with 380ish bhp and similar lb torque. Just that with any further upgrade not sure this would be the case from information I have gathered.
              Cheers
              Chris
              Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
              20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                016 can take way more than 300. Btw it's the torque that kills the box, not hp.
                I'll agree with that
                S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

I think Dialynx had an 016 in their sprint Quattro for a while, used for sprints and hillclimbs etc, and thats not short of a few ponies.

Comment

Martin,
                    I spoke to Keith about that at GTI International this year. That was an uprated Audi Sport box.
                    Chris
                    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Yeah thats his current one, but i was told he ran an 016 for a full season a few years ago when they first built the car. Dunno, anyways a box from a 2004 car sounds like it could be in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730
                        After much research into this subject, I am now looking for / need a 2004 A4 TDI quattro trans from a 180 HP V6 TDI. Not exactly common. The trans code is ENV. It has 3,89 gearing. If anyone knows of one please let me know.
                        Many thanks
                        Chris

I have tinkered with same idea, I managet to find an other alternative also:
                        I dont remember the year but for short while 3.89 fd is found also on allroad model.

Comment

Don't forget to replace you rear differential Jogi, if you go the A4 6 speed route.
                          Never show a fool a half built house.
                          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
                          The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

Originally posted by ~Delta
                            Don't forget to replace you rear differential Jogi, if you go the A4 6 speed route.
                            Delta,
                            Thanks for reminding me, but I recently bought 3.89 rear diff on ebay for £15
                            Chris
                            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Bargain!
                              Never show a fool a half built house.
                              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
                              The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

Working...
                              X