vems & after run pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vems & after run pump

Im new to the hole vems side of things but is it possible to make the after run pump run for longer through the vems ecu and if so can some point me in the right place to do so

hello i havent heard about running it with vems. but if you fin a switch with lower temp than original then it would run longer time?

Comment

I haven't heard anything about running it either, I honestly thought it was a separate system from the ecu, time to do some digging

Comment

The Afterrun pump & fan features do integrate with the Motronic ECU. Basically, the timer relay that controls Afterrun function receives a signal from the ECU to turn off whenever the engine is running. Other than that, the Afterrun is a stand alone system using its own temperature sensor & programming to determine Afterrun time of the electric coolant pump & low speed engine cooling fan.
        Last edited by A1QSHIP; 8 August 2017, 14:22.
        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

As above. If you want the afterun pump to run longer fit a lower temp sensor to allow the pump to work until temps are below some certain level. Mine works like that. Instead of a 110 to 90 temp I have a 90 to 80C if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
            The Afterrun pump & fan features do integrate with the Motronic ECU. Basically, the timer relay that controls Afterrun function receives a signal from the ECU to turn off whenever the engine is running. Other than that, the Afterrun is a stand alone system using its own temperature sensor & programming to determine Afterrun time of the electric coolant pump & low speed engine cooling fan.
            Sorry Marc, that is WRONG. The after-run pump (and fan) are NOT connected *directly to the Motronic ECU. The "connection" *IF* you wanted to argue there is one, is via the J17 Fuel pump relay which *IS* controlled by the ECU. That is the power source that makes the system "after-run". When the engine is turned off, the J17 doesn't supply power to the "324" after-run fan and pump control module which then tells it the engine is off and you can do your thing *IF* the F98 two pin thermal switch says its time to start the 10 minute process.

More Reading here:

After-run Auxiliary Coolant Pump and Fan Switch and 324 Control Module Info:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21503.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hmm, I have been staring at small chassis wiring diagrams as my evening readings for the last week. Guess I'd better look again.
              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Thanks for the info UrS4boy, very informative!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                  Hmm, I have been staring at small chassis wiring diagrams as my evening readings for the last week. Guess I'd better look again.
                  Yeah, sorry about that Marc. I have documented (typically in great detail) almost everything about the stock C4 UrS and how the various systems were *supposed to* work. I have zero VEMS knowledge but know from documenting the UrS T55 Motronic ECU pins, none of the 55 pins connected directly to the 324 After-run pump and fan control module.

Not that you need it, but others might be interested:

AAN Motronic ECU device list and T55 connector pin-outs (with wire colours) and hyperlinks

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21009.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thank you for everyone's replys. I now know what I need to do thanks to you guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X