Maxxecu/LS coil no spark issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxxecu/LS coil no spark issue.

We got an EFI Express LS coil pack a while back and finally got around to installing it. We’re running maxxecu.
    Any tips as we are not getting any spark? (pulled plug, swung motor…) It looks like something very basic as the install was straightforward. Do the coils get constant 12v from somewhere, or is the ECU managing the power feed?
    For the record we had the car firing on the MAxxecu with the original coils. My Maxxecu and Ecu tuning experience is below basic - we are getting ready to take the car to the dyno for it's first tune. Would prefer to take them a running vehicle...
    Any suggestions to troubleshoot the issue will be much appreciated.

The LS Coils Need more dwell times. 4ms@14V
    408kw @ wheel

Comment

thanks, we seem to be having a major trigger sync issue, no signal from cam(hall) sensor on DIN 1. Sensor tested and working correctly. replacement made no difference either...

Comment

Are you using audi special trigger ?

Comment

Upload a trigger log from MTune
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Airwolf View Post
            Are you using audi special trigger ?
            No, standard setup. You referring to 60-2? At this stage all we can think is that the Maxxecu doesn't like the 5v sensor and we need to fit a 12v unit. Looking at getting a Huco. I'll try and upload a logfile tomorrow.

Comment

https://www.carid.com/huco/distribut...-huc.html?sing

Comment

What ?? MAXXECU can also have problems with settings? You don't say.....

Comment

haha. MaxxECU works fine with the stock 5 cylinder trigger setup. Coils take a switched 12v from fuse S32.
                  It would help if you shared your tune file or a log like I said before.
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                    haha. MaxxECU works fine with the stock 5 cylinder trigger setup. Coils take a switched 12v from fuse S32.
                    It would help if you shared your tune file or a log like I said before.
                    pain is that we had the car running on the Maxx before swopping coils. We did delete the aircon airbox behind the firewall - seems to also use RPM reading? will get those log files asap

Comment

Well if it was running before then you changed things and messed with wiring, logic would suggest you probably unplugged / shorted / damaged something and it's nothing to do with the ECU or the calibration....
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

LED tested the sender... What are the odds that your new and original are both toasted? Replacement on the way...

Comment

Learnt how to test the sensor properly... I'm attaching the Log file of the start attempt... Din 1 is our issue. tested signal all the way there but still now activity from the digital input... log_2018-08-30_155823.txt I've just changed the .MaxxECU-Log extension to .txt to allow the upload.
                          thanks

Comment

This has been a very painful process and I hope the solution might help someone else.

We eventually tested the cam sensor by providing it with an external power supply and LED test. All good.
                            As mentioned we got the 12v huco sensor so gave it 12V from a supply in the engine bay. Plugged it in - LED test negative.
                            Then ran a multimeter on the 12V supply to realise that the supply went dead with cranking, obviously we were tapping from a non-essential electrical component circuit.
                            So we ran 12V straight from the battery. LED test positive!
                            Check for sync on ECU. Nothing.
                            I remembered that we sent our log file off to the tuner and couldn't open his response file because our software/firmware was outdated. Our problems surfaced after the sofware upgrade.
                            So we rolled back to version 1.10 - Success! Triggers now syncing.
                            But still the car would not fire and we determined no spark and no power on injectors.
                            Hotwired injectors with power - they work. But despite testing 12v on coils still no spark.
                            Tuner then tried to check for comms through coil trigger wire from ECU. While struggling with the harness I heard the audible CLICK as the piggyback harness plug snapped into place .
                            It never made proper contact and this was on the coil circuit side of the plug.
                            Turn key. Start car. Tears of joy.

Just to check we then updated software to latest version and everything works.
                            Obviously the early version was less sensitive or something.

Anyway, thanks all, especially Error404 for the assistance.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted, great feeling when it fires after prolonged head-scratching!
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X