Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N80 on MaxxECU?

Hi,

I don't think the MaxxECU is controlling the N80 by default.
    Just realised I haven't seen any settings for the N80 so I assume it is not used.

What is the correct action here?
    Wire it in, blocking it off?

How are you others doing it?

Thanks.
    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

The Tank venting?
    408kw @ wheel

Comment

Yes, that valve.
      Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

Last edited by s0_big; 7 October 2018, 18:49.

Comment

N80 is the EVAP purge valve, not the boost solenoid. If you have the Maxx plug-in then it is not connected.

You can easily use it though - set up a GPO with a PWM output and scale against MAP to activate the solenoid in vacuum, say 80kpa or less perhaps? Not sure how it is mapped in Motronic to be honest.
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have that mapped to open on overrun ie less than 35kpa and up to 2000rpm so then it shuts when idle kicks in. Therefore any fuel vapours go into the inlet at a point when you dont care what's happening in the engine.
            On vems by the way, but I'm sure similar hardware and software can be implemented on maxx

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
              I've learned that the N80 is only closed upon activation right (12v?)?
              So in my case since it is not controlled by the ECU it is wide open all the time...
              Need to fix that.

Best way for wiring it up, new wiring from ECU to the valve or can I splice in on existing wiring inside the car in a simple way?

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                I have that mapped to open on overrun ie less than 35kpa and up to 2000rpm so then it shuts when idle kicks in. Therefore any fuel vapours go into the inlet at a point when you dont care what's happening in the engine.
                On vems by the way, but I'm sure similar hardware and software can be implemented on maxx
                Whats the benefits with that? Im running VEMS, where can you see that function is activated?
                1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Sorry i was clearly not correct in my head when i answered..

Comment

Heavy Saturday night?

Originally posted by k.alle View Post
                    Thanks for the info guys.
                    I've learned that the N80 is only closed upon activation right (12v?)?
                    So in my case since it is not controlled by the ECU it is wide open all the time...
                    Need to fix that.

Best way for wiring it up, new wiring from ECU to the valve or can I splice in on existing wiring inside the car in a simple way?
                    Well the pins the the Maxx Plug-in harness are not terminated, so you can just wire them to a spare GPO and 12v, or use a spare injector output (12v) and ground. I have done this but I used the N80 connector in the engine bay for a WMI injector instead.
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath

Whats the benefits with that? Im running VEMS, where can you see that function is activated?
                      Needs to be done on the aux outputs. Benefit is that you are making use of an OEM system in case fumes are trapped in the tank. Otherwise like that makes no difference in the way the car runs as in overrun with a close throttle you dont care

Comment

Was thinking if it had something to do with the over pressure I have sometimes I open the fuel cap when refuelling the car
                        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

If you hey that it mY be due to that but also due to the fuel lines meant for the fumes escaping the tank

Comment

Odd, I'm not getting any notifications on new answers even though I'm subscribed to the thread.

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            Heavy Saturday night?

Well the pins the the Maxx Plug-in harness are not terminated, so you can just wire them to a spare GPO and 12v, or use a spare injector output (12v) and ground. I have done this but I used the N80 connector in the engine bay for a WMI injector instead.

Excellent, thank you Alex.
                            I guess I'll have to find out where to splice in or make a new lead entirely.

Comment

If you take off the Maxx adapter harness you will see that on the Motronic connector side there are quite a few un-terminaled pins and these will connect through to the engine bay side via the OEM harness. So you just need to connect these to the spare GPO or Injector outputs as I said above. It is a little fiddly job but a tidy and nice solution
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X