No announcement yet.

N80 on MaxxECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a great idea and would be ideal I guess.
    Don't know if I have the balls to open up that connector though.

If it is opened will all the other pins "fall out" as well?
    Or is it some retaining tabs that needs to be pushed when pulling out the pin?
    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

You don’t need to open any connectors - on the Maxx adapter the pins are already there on the Motronic connector side you just need to connect to them. Take a look you will see.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Update time, as this might help someone else in the future.

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        If you take off the Maxx adapter harness you will see that on the Motronic connector side there are quite a few un-terminaled pins and these will connect through to the engine bay side via the OEM harness. So you just need to connect these to the spare GPO or Injector outputs as I said above. It is a little fiddly job but a tidy and nice solution
        I managed to do this as per your instruction.
        Had to "make" a connector for the unterminated pin, but it seems to work fine and became tidy indeed.

Connected it to INJ8 and assigned it as User Output 1.
        I think this mean on/off operation of the valve since no PWM frequency is specified.
        The valve should still be OK with getting a continous 12v feed (keeping it closed) right ?

inj8.jpg

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        I have that mapped to open on overrun ie less than 35kpa and up to 2000rpm so then it shuts when idle kicks in. Therefore any fuel vapours go into the inlet at a point when you dont care what's happening in the engine.
        On vems by the way, but I'm sure similar hardware and software can be implemented on maxx
        I think I have applied this logic in the software, I basically copied my overrun settings to this function.
        If theses 3 conditions is met then the valve opens and the tank vents to intake.

Need to verify it behaves as expected with logs when I get the car on the road.

logic.jpg
        Attached Files
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Good work
          I would go a little higher on the maximum MAP value, maybe 40kpa something like that, I’m not sure you’ll generate 20kpa .

I suspect the valve is NC and the ECU pulls to ground to open it - no need for PWM. Perhaps someone can confirm?
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
          X