Who should I use to remap my RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should I use to remap my RS2

I am considering remapping my RS2 can anyone suggest someone who is knowledgable about carrying out the work

If you are using OEM hardware the best & cheapest way to go would be to get hold of a generic RS2 chipset or a chipped ECU from a reputable tuner - PRJ, Paul’s Homefries, MTM, PK-M, MRC. Sure there are others I have missed.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thanks for the info will do the research

Comment

Is the engine running ok now?

Comment

No thats being sorted next week I will get the timing checked and I am awaiting a new set TDI coil pack and harness being supplied by error 404

Comment

I run PRJ chips on my (R)S2 and they do the job nicely. Your ECU will require chip sockets to be added, so you can swap chips in. Otherwise, Automark can do a custom map for you.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Can I send the ECU away to have the upgrade carried out?

Comment

Given the age of these cars and the potential variables you could end up dealing with, my advise would be to find someone that can do a custom map on a dyno. That is my next move once I am geographically in the right area! Do you plan on doing any other mods?

Comment

A lot of the period ECU upgrades disabled the ECU diagnostic capability to protect the “tuners” software.

We have frantically been buying Ur Quattro and S2 ECUs in standard spec because-
                  a) the modified units are compromised/tampered with (circuit board tampered with from OEM ) It seriously does make a difference on ECUs of this age.
                  b) they (some/MTM) delete diagnostic port access to protect source code
                  c) On MAC01 FA mixture ratio “free for all” can pre-ignite
                  d) On S2 Nothelle and MTM ECU units the overboost adds wear (don’t get me wrong, the engine can, if in fine health, cope with this).
                  e) A well sorted OEM RS2 sans modifications will always be the holy grail.

just my opinion. Apologies.
                  Last edited by Ian Simmonds; 5 May 2019, 23:31.
                  85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                  93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Hi Ian thank you for the insight about ECU upgrades it sounds terrifying but still an achievable option my question is who can I trust to carry out the upgrade any names out there?

Comment

As above, there are reputable tuners, very few if any still cater for these old machines - buying their existing software (chips) would be the safest, cheapest & best outcome. You don't need the hassle and expense of a custom tune if you are using standard components as these pros have already done the hard work.
                      For my money I would buy a PRJ chipset and make sure the mechanicals are in top order and replace every sensor on the engine as well as the engine harness for long term reliability.
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                      X