• Show
Clear All

• Placement of the ECU

Hi Guys
    Where do you place your ECU ?
    What have you found to be best ?

Best
    regards

The cables you dont use , is it incorrect to disconnect them from harness holder that goes to the ECU?

Comment

Mines in the passenger footwell behind the glove box which is the standard place I think

Comment

Hi Rikki .. could you take a picture ? Would be great

Comment

Do you mean right under the hole to the engine bay ?

Comment

When you say "what is best" do you mean for after-market ECU or for the stock Motronix?

If you mean the stock ECU then surely the "standard" position is best? This is mounted in the passenger footwell

Mounting is vertically with the large connector facing downwards (from memory the cabling heads off towards the door and the boost pipe is then pointing towards the gearbox). The ECU is bolted into a cage which slides up into the space above the footwell and behind the glovebox and latches in to place. It is quite tight with aircon so you have to feel around and make sure that the sharp edges of the cage do not snag and damage anything. Not sure how it works without aircon.

My ECU is currently hanging down as it keeps cutting out so I will take a pic in the next day or so if you need, but start with laying on you back over the passenger sill and you head under the glovebox (with the lower panel already removed) and look up to see the slot and feel the retaining catch for the cage.

Assuming your ECU has a cage, you can unbolt it and slide just the cage up to see how it sits and how to release it.

Cheers n beers (emoji)
            Si

P.S. If you need to know this for the stock ECU, the your car must be in bits or someone has seriously played with the ECU (imagine the scratches head emoji here as the forum is still heavily broken - sad face emoji here too)
            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Sorry .. my bad .. aftermarket ECU

Comment

I keep my after-market ECU in the same position as the Motronic, just without the cage.
                It is a bitch to get in and out because the adapter cabling is fighting for space with the original loom and motronic connector but it is doable.

As HPmuirt said, get on your knees remove the cover under the glove box, pull the carpet out a bit and remove the drain hose if you have AC.
                Now slide your hand along the firewall upwards to the dashboard, up there you should have space for the ECU to "sit".
                Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
                http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Working...
                X