Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Master (EMU black)

Greetings...

Is there anyone on the forum running the EMU Black on a 'standard' S2, and by standard, I mean using the factory trigger/cam sensors?

I've just moved away from the Autronic SM4 to the EMU Black... the Autronic used a trigger mode based on the factory sensors/triggers (as far as I'm aware) - this all worked fine, and I haven't changed any of this.

I have everything wired up, but can't get the engine to fire. I'd just like to validate the trigger setup I'm using.

The ECU Master software has the specific option 'Audi trigger' available for the primary trigger, secondary trigger and CAM#2 sensor. I've also followed an ECU Master article documenting this trigger setup... or at least as far as I can... it looks like it was written for an old firmware version, and the new firmware has more options to choose from... so I can't confirm all of these settings.

When cranking the software is reporting cam sync is achieved, and the injectors fire, and it sound likes it almost abut to start, but doesn't quite get there.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
    Mick

'94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
    S2QuattroMotorsport

I wonder if it’s just not getting enough fuel to start? The fuel map might need tweaking to get it starting and idling. Are your fuel injectors correctly set up in the software?

Comment

Originally posted by le mans View Post
      I wonder if it’s just not getting enough fuel to start? The fuel map might need tweaking to get it starting and idling. Are your fuel injectors correctly set up in the software?
      Thanks, I did check the fuelling, but all seemed to be OK. However, I have got it starting now... it was an issue with the the settings for the second cam sensor.

Cheers
      S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Hey. I use emu black and can sent you some settings. You adjusted the trigger angle with a stroboscope?

Comment

I had the same issue with EMU classic,had to change cam signal from rising to falling
          It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Originally posted by SSPRL View Post
            Hey. I use emu black and can sent you some settings. You adjusted the trigger angle with a stroboscope?
            Cool, that'd be great if you could please!... be good to compare.

I've not got a timing gun, so haven't been able to confirm the timing is correct so far.

My trigger setup is attached.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post
              I had the same issue with EMU classic,had to change cam signal from rising to falling
              See previous post showing my trigger setup...
              Primary Trigger is set to Falling
              Secondary Trigger set to Rising
              CAM# is set to Falling

I referenced the attached guide found through the ECU Master website.

Cheers

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Does it start ok now?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                  Does it start ok now?
                  Yep, all good now.
                  S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

I am currently trying to get my emu black to run and cannot for the life of me get my secondary trigger to read. I confirmed that my cam window and crank are timed correctly. I also confirmed that my sensor is good. Where would you guys go from here?

I was told to ground secondary triggers signal wire to see if it shows on my logs and it didn't. I think my wiring needs to be looked at. Anyways, nice to see other guys running this ecu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's my current working trigger setup... EMU Client Version 2.140
                      Attached Files
                      S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Working...
                      X