X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Halligan View Post
    Briefly off topic (kind of)

@ Moderators/Admin

Reading this and some of the other recent interesting threads about standalone systems, and the number of members going over to various Standalones, would it not be a good idea to start a new 'Aftermarket Engine Management' Forum in the technical section?
    I do agree with this as most of the information is on other sites and it would be great to get it detailed into one section.

Comment

Originally posted by denniselbows View Post
      mrc are now 034 distributers acording to the 034 website
      They have been for some time AFAIK

Comment

VEMS is almost straight swap, Box, Lambda and MAF need to be sorted for swapping back to Motronic. Lambda can be sorted with dedicated wires for wide band, so you can leave original lambda and MAF wires as is. MAF needs to be installed for swapping back to Motronic.

I'm running VEMS now, nothing bad to say about it, only "bork" was my cat, as it decided "release" it's innards . MAF is still in car, albeit not used. Oh, and my idle settings still need a bit fiddling as with A/C compressor engaged motor stalls on every stop
        All quattro products have been dermatologically tested, and are safe for daily use.

Comment

Originally posted by gedu View Post
          VEMS is almost straight swap, Box, Lambda and MAF need to be sorted for swapping back to Motronic. Lambda can be sorted with dedicated wires for wide band, so you can leave original lambda and MAF wires as is. MAF needs to be installed for swapping back to Motronic.

I'm running VEMS now, nothing bad to say about it, only "bork" was my cat, as it decided "release" it's innards . MAF is still in car, albeit not used. Oh, and my idle settings still need a bit fiddling as with A/C compressor engaged motor stalls on every stop
          Excuse my ignorance
          How is the air meatered without the maf? Have you any pics?
          I'm liking the idea that most of it is pnp. My plan (i know that it's a bit of a backward way of doing things) is after i get the engine back in the car, fire it up with the stock ecu so know every thing is fine. Fit the vems with coil packs ect, fire the car up again. Revert back to standard ecu and take it to Corey, refit the vems and have him set it up properly. Odviously running stock fule system till i get to Coreys then change over when i get down there.

Good news about there is still suplyers for 034 in the uk

Comment

The after market systems use MAP...manifol air pressure.
            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by gedu View Post

yeah, would be nice if there was a way to up the idle with the AC on signal from the compressor. I personally dont even use the IAC, I find ignition control does a much better job of it.
              Marc Swanson
              Proprietor, EFI Express
              95.5 //S6 Avant
              90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
              93' //S4
              83' UrQ
              97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

What are your settings there (idle W/O IAC-Valve)? I am going to try and set the car to idle good with the AC engaged. If disengaged then it should not be a problem with VEMS to compensate.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                  What are your settings there (idle W/O IAC-Valve)? I am going to try and set the car to idle good with the AC engaged. If disengaged then it should not be a problem with VEMS to compensate.

take a look at the top settings here:

I then have the IAC motor disabled via the idle general settings page.
                  Marc Swanson
                  Proprietor, EFI Express
                  95.5 //S6 Avant
                  90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
                  93' //S4
                  83' UrQ
                  97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

Working...
                  X