No announcement yet.

VAG 60-2 wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, i forgot to mention i've removed the one original dowel at 62 BTDC and got it balanced.
    The ONLY S2 Golf!
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
    10.42@138mph
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

did you have any part numbers for this??

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

trigger sensor

hi

do any one know which of the sensorcables are signal, ground and +5v.

Comment

How about Audi RS4 single mass flywheel?? I also has 60-2 and works with 3B Sachs Clutch in many RS4.

Comment

f.e. -->

??

Comment

do any UK suppliers do this flywheel?

are there anyone doing 60-2 wheels in the UK i can get machined onto my Front pulley?
              Will be running an 034 stage IIC ecu

Cheers.
              1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
              1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
              BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

The rear seal trigger comes on all of the later 1.4 16v's. Great solution for small low hp cc engines. Not to poopoo on anyone's parade but I wouldn't use them on a high hp motor.

Will never make the mistake again but on the 1.8t's I've had the heads of the 3 bolts sheer of that hold the trigger wheel on the crank when backing of. Resulting in complete strip down to permanently weld the trigger wheel to the crank to stop the rotational inertia from spinning the trigger wheel.

As the rear seal trigger wheel is only pressed on I can see disastrous consequences on the long run if it spins. I highly advice to get someone to put some small spotwelds on the inside using a tig and dissimilar rod.

As for flywheels 034 sell them. Haven't had a chance to check the rs4 flywheel bolt pattern yet but it's a potential option.

Finally as to why? It gives a finer signal resolution for the timing map allowing the potential of more timing advance where required for max hp.

Edit. Almost forgot triggerwheel.co.uk sell universal trigger wheels, machine the centre out to required size weld it onto the pulley and in an ideal world balance rotating assembly afterwards. Same when fitting an alternate flywheel it in an ideal world needs balancing as the I5's are externally balanced in stock form.
                Last edited by JP; 3 June 2010, 08:41.
                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

with vems there is really no longer a need for 60-2.

id say a better coil set is the first thing so lots of charge can be applied.

Comment

I tried trigger-wheels . com (no .co.uk)
                    and they do not do 60 or 72 trigger wheels.

i cannot find anyone in this country that sells 60-2 wheels..............

anyone got a company that can supply in the UK?

would use 034 but its a pain in the **** waiting for customs etc

oh and 034 sells a specific steel 60-2 flywheel for the I5 motor
                    http://www.034motorsport.com/product...roducts_id=678
                    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

This is as VR sensor and not a hall? Jeffer do you have the bosch number on the sensor?

Comment

FYI its not a hall sensor pin1=5v pin2=signal pin3=gnd if you use for ex nira ecu you need a pull up restistor in this case 10kohm to bring upp the signal and then 1microFarad bi polar capasitor.
                        i you dont use a pull upp resistor you get 0,3-0,4V out put hope this info is helpfull for others.
                        ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
                        2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
                        2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
                        2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
                        kostic.nu

Comment

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthr...rigger-!/page2
                          5vtq gte

Comment

I use in my car. Here in Brazil this 60-2 wheel is inexpensive, about $ 60
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                              Hi guys,

In my search for a neat 60-2 solution on my engine I've found a pretty nice one that I want to share with you guys. First I was looking into the option to machine a 60-2 wheel on the harmonic damper. However It's not the neatest/nicest. Another option is a 60-2 window ring thats used on the newer flywheels to mount on the custom fywheel. These can be used with stock sensors. Then I read on a VW forum that the new 2009 Lupo's use a 60-2 wheel on the cranckseal. I took the plunge and ordered one (€120,00). It's basicly the rear cranck seal made of moulded plastic. This incorporates a hall sensor. A steel 60-2 wheel is also included. This wheel is pressed on the cranckshaft. And thats it. I've test fitted it on an old 10V lump, and it's perfect. All the holes lineup nicely from what i could see. The only downside is that there needs to be a hole drilled in the engine block. This can be a very small hole approx 3/4 mm to feed the wire through. I'll be using this setup with VEMS. I'll make some detailed (better quality) pictures later. When I got some more time. I'll also put down the exact part numbers.
                              The pictures! enjoy.

Jeffry
                              Anyone have the part numbers for this setup? seem to be a few confusing posts around the net

Comment

rear seal and wheel; 030 103 171 S.... or R... then sensor 03G 957 147 or 045 906 433 A... there are 2 sizes... 310 and 345mm can any confirm this??

Comment

Working...
                                X