Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring speed sensor in 3b engine for VEMS

Hi,

Car is running since 10 day's, but only 150km of driving....
    Some working with idle (1.1.64 to 1.1.81), but now stabile.

I have a quetsion:
    Knows someone who can i connect the speessensor signal in the 3b engine ?

S2Central.net told me go to pin 6.
    I wondered that there isn't an speedsensor input on pin 6.....

In the wire diagramm (S2/3b/till sept.1991) it seems that the speedsensor input is only go to autocheck....

Thanks Thomas

3B T55 Pin-out with some Motronic Info

Originally posted by th.b.w. View Post
    Knows someone who can i connect the speessensor signal in the 3b engine ? S2Central.net told me go to pin 6.
    I wondered that there isn't an speedsensor input on pin 6.....In the wire diagramm (S2/3b/till sept.1991) it seems that the speedsensor input is only go to autocheck....
    Thanks Thomas
    I am not a 3B person but I think you might want to try Pin 47/55 "Engine Speed Sensor" instead of Pin 6/55 "Tachometer/on-board computer", as shown in these diagrams:
    Attached Files
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hi,

sorry i did not express myself correctly....

i want to get the VSS sensor working on VEMS to play with gear dependent boost reduction, not the engine speed.....

Thanks Thomas

Comment

Hi, had a look at this too:
        i have the Danish S2 3B schematics. I can see the signal connected ito Autocheck on page 9, but as it enters the Autocheck module there is a "wire" (trace) connected to it that goes to the left and to the reference J1.

This reference can be found on the previous page (8), straight through to page 7, and into the speedometer. The speedometer then gives out a signal on a blue/white wire which can be found at the radio connector, and also in the Servotronic connector!

I use it to increase volume on my stereo as speed increases so it seems correct to me.

Hi,

I have a quetsion:
        Knows someone who can i connect the speessensor signal in the 3b engine ?

In the wire diagramm (S2/3b/till sept.1991) it seems that the speedsensor input is only go to autocheck....

Thanks Thomas
        Leif-Helge
        -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
        -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

make the connection but speed sensor does not work properly on the audi yet. Although it is close, it jumps around and i wouldnt use it as it is. I would wait for an upgrade on the firmware and more accurate reading and settings for it.

Comment

Hm guess it should be scoped under acceleration to see if signal is ok.
            Leif-Helge
            -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
            -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

its under acceleration when the problems accur as the needle jumps up instead of a smooth movement towards the next speed area. Also it seems that the needle does not go up when on speeds above 180-200km/h. Although the settings i have used are the ones that Marcell has indicated for audi

Comment

Hi,

o.k. i have lokated the wire in the middle of the gearboxconnector pin2 (pin1 = Ground and pin 3 = 12V) it came out down under the fusebox red/yellow .
                Now i wired and connect to the VEMS and will see what happens.....

Thanks a lot, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Hi,

I have a quetsion:
                  Knows someone who can i connect the vehicle speed sensor signal in the 3b engine ?

Thanks Thomas
                  I am not a 3B person but I think you might want to try Pin 47/55 "Engine Speed Sensor" instead of Pin 6/55 "Tachometer/on-board computer", as shown in these diagrams:
                  +1
                  Woohoo! Thanks, man. I wanted to know how to get the reverse wire. I suppose I will just search the site. Thanks again.

Comment

how did you end up wiring this? i have auronic sm4 and want to set up launch control and ned to have the speed sensor connected to end the lanch

Comment

Working...
                    X