vems trouble, logfile attached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vems trouble, logfile attached

can someone see whats wrong through this log.?

Installed vems on a 3b, after welding a larger triggerpin it worked great.
    After i replaced headgasket,valveseal, timingbelt i cant get pass 2500 rpm.
    If i hold full throttle gaining boost it will pass 2500 and continue.

any advice.?
    Attached Files

you have IAC follows tps when idle enabled in idle settings and it looks like your IAC is locked.

disable the lock and IAC follow TPS

hard to see what is going on. Has it been running before or is this a first start.
    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

your table looks seriously rich but your afr is going 18.91 off the scale when this prob is happening.

your lambda may be at fault because its been flooded with fuel and you also have trigger errors every now and again, this may be down to your pin style\shape.
      Last edited by QuattroFever; 2 March 2011, 20:14.
      Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I did some testing after i installed vems and it did work perfect. Some trigger errors occured but it dident affect anything. After i had off the top changing valve seals,headgasket,waterpump and timingbelt this problem came. Havent done any changes in config before or after the service.
        Tried to change plug wires,distributor cap and another set of trigger sensors. no difference.

trigger overlapping looks good.(pictures)
        maybe i should i run a trigger log.?
        Attached Files

Comment

At primary trigger settings you have TDC after the trigger 52, is that checked and right? because originally it should be 58 (and on my own 3B I cheked it an use 57).
          At secondary trigger you have enabled hall dirac filtering, disable it!
          At injector angle curve, use 720 at all fields to disable it.
          At ignition settings, use higher coil charge time (or have you got some other ignition coil than original?) If original, then use something like 3,8 and below it MAP scale 4 or something near it, my car works with that also.
          What ecu you have? with motronic plug? how old? I ask because you have PWM idle control IAC freg @30Hz. Newer motronic ecus have built in diode and the freq should be 250Hz, but when it's econseal ECU or old motronic ecu, the 30Hz is normal, try even lower.
          Also seems that throttle position is not calibrated, at the start of log, the RPM and MAP goes up a little bit, but throttle stays @ 0, and some time later I think you push it to ground, but throttle gauge says only 91,4. Also the battery voltage seems to be a little too high... is that also not calibrated? and if these two are not calibrated then maybe the lambda is also not? it seems to be around right spot... but is it?
          Last edited by ranz; 3 March 2011, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ranz View Post
            At primary trigger settings you have TDC after the trigger 52, is that checked and right? because originally it should be 58 (and on my own 3B I cheked it an use 57).
            At secondary trigger you have enabled hall dirac filtering, disable it!
            At injector angle curve, use 720 at all fields to disable it.
            At ignition settings, use higher coil charge time (or have you got some other ignition coil than original?) If original, then use something like 3,8 and below it MAP scale 4 or something near it, my car works with that also.
            What ecu you have? with motronic plug? how old? I ask because you have PWM idle control IAC freg @30Hz. Newer motronic ecus have built in diode and the freq should be 250Hz, but when it's econseal ECU or old motronic ecu, the 30Hz is normal, try even lower.
            Also seems that throttle position is not calibrated, at the start of log, the RPM and MAP goes up a little bit, but throttle stays @ 0, and some time later I think you push it to ground, but throttle gauge says only 91,4. Also the battery voltage seems to be a little too high... is that also not calibrated? and if these two are not calibrated then maybe the lambda is also not? it seems to be around right spot... but is it?
            Changes done. same issue occurs.
            About the ignition, i have a msd 7a and a blaster ss coil. charge time for that.?
            Checked the timing, changed it to 56.
            wbo2,tps, and voltage calibrated.
            Made a new log + triggerlog.
            A wire to the iat was off during the logging but it wasent a problem...
            Is it possible the triggerpin i welded is too wide.?
            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe the pin is welded ok but the distance to the pickup sensor too great! Try measure that. I had to grind a lot from the bracket to make the car start (was easier than removing the flywheel or try to add material, then remove etc.
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
                Maybe the pin is welded ok but the distance to the pickup sensor too great! Try measure that. I had to grind a lot from the bracket to make the car start (was easier than removing the flywheel or try to add material, then remove etc.
                yes the distance is less then 1/5 mm. grinded a bit in the hole to swing the sensor closer to the back of the flywheel as well.

Can the problem be trigger related even if i dont get any errors.?
                The sensors seems so sensitive...

Comment

Working...
                X