DTA S80 PRO on 5 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Now why didn't someone post that earlier so on 1st cycle 1, skip 5, 2, skip 3, 4, skip 1, 5, skip 2, 3 giving 12453 firing order
    Exactly. Seems everybody is right. BUT the real firing order, at the end of a compression stroke, is, as must be, 1-2-4-5-3.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

To me it seems a sh*t solution but if it works it works

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Okay, 5 x 144 = 720 and 10 x 72 = 720. What I wasn't factoring was every second coil firing was a wasted spark. Seems like a "work around" rather than the more direct approach that the OE ECU or even VEMS uses with spark only every 144 degrees.

Thanks
        It's a work around no doubt
        The newer S series DTA ecu supports 5 cyl sequential as motronic and VEMS and others.
        The old P8pro has another work around if you want to run it sequential: set it up as a 6cyl with uneven firing order and then set the 5 first cylinders with 144degrees spacing and nr 6 somewhere between 576 and 720.

Comment

It snap crackles and pops but no fire. i also noticed my 034 60-2 pulley/trigger does not line up in the middle of the vr sensor using the 034 supplied bracket. i am getting 2-3 "crank wheel teeth errors" and 1-2 "sync errors" while cranking, but i read could be normal during crank....

any suggestions for a first fire map on 3b injectors?

Last edited by dspl1236; 10 June 2012, 02:55.
          '91 Pearl 3.6 V8 CQ - building
          '13.5 Jetta GLI - toy
          '15 Subaru Imprezzzza - work daily
          hausofdub.com

Comment

Have you checked sensor position? Is it at 60degrees?

Comment

its at 64* . I may have to mod/ditch the 034 bracket.
              '13.5 Jetta GLI - toy
              hausofdub.com

Comment

Originally posted by dspl1236 View Post
                its at 64* . I may have to mod/ditch the 034 bracket.
                Just enter 64 as value in sensor position
                4 degrees isn't the problem anyway so problem has to be something else.
                All other settings is as stated in manual with coil on plug off and so on?
                Checked that you've got spark on all cylinders and that all injectors open?

A bit OT, but I would recommend setting the RPM values closer at lower revs if it is to be used on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post
                  It's a work around no doubt
                  .... if you want to run it sequential: set it up as a 6cyl with uneven firing order and then set the 5 first cylinders with 144degrees spacing and nr 6 somewhere between 576 and 720.

took a few days off to work on my 20vt

if this is set a 6cyl.....wouldn't the cam sensor be looking for 1 window 6 times before it reset starts over? should i have a 5 window cps?

also if going to sequential i would have to rewire the injectors and coils back to the factory firing order...correct?

many thanks in advanced
                  Last edited by dspl1236; 27 July 2012, 16:33.
                  '13.5 Jetta GLI - toy
                  hausofdub.com

Comment

Standalone

Sorry to jump in here, I have read the post but a while ago so sorry if I'm repeating somebody else.

I'm from the fiat coupe 20 valve turbo back ground but I always look in on you guys because tuning wise there not to different plus I always loved the s1 and 2's.

Anyway abit of info from what I've found is many standalone ecu's don't have a dedicated 5 pot set up there mostly running as v10 but only utilise half the banks which from what I've been told isn't the best and also can slow the ecu down depending how many extras functions you use ie ALS and launch control etc.

As a forum we found a guy that had manage to map are 5 cylinder to almost perfection ie drives like a factory car but with a lot more power but he always said that a dedicated 5 pot map would be a lot better but the company wasn't willing when he had asked for one. With the amount of custom from us he had and the amount of nagging he gave they bucked and ended up doing a dedicated 5 pot set up for him and the results have been very promising.

The ECU is DTA and most of use use the s80 pro

Anyway just thought I'd let you know that dta have brought one out but I don't know how many people that are using dta are running 5 pot or v10 based maps.

I can put his details up if anyone is interested

I'm no mapper so this info is from word of mouth about other ecu's

Happy tuning

Comment

Originally posted by knight7660 View Post
                      Sorry to jump in here, I have read the post but a while ago so sorry if I'm repeating somebody else.

I'm from the fiat coupe 20 valve turbo back ground but I always look in on you guys because tuning wise there not to different plus I always loved the s1 and 2's.

Anyway abit of info from what I've found is many standalone ecu's don't have a dedicated 5 pot set up there mostly running as v10 but only utilise half the banks which from what I've been told isn't the best and also can slow the ecu down depending how many extras functions you use ie ALS and launch control etc.

As a forum we found a guy that had manage to map are 5 cylinder to almost perfection ie drives like a factory car but with a lot more power but he always said that a dedicated 5 pot map would be a lot better but the company wasn't willing when he had asked for one. With the amount of custom from us he had and the amount of nagging he gave they bucked and ended up doing a dedicated 5 pot set up for him and the results have been very promising.

The ECU is DTA and most of use use the s80 pro

Anyway just thought I'd let you know that dta have brought one out but I don't know how many people that are using dta are running 5 pot or v10 based maps.

I can put his details up if anyone is interested

I'm no mapper so this info is from word of mouth about other ecu's

Happy tuning

Thanks for the heads up Knight I never actually botherd looking for any updates because there's not any problem running in wasted spark. Now ive seen it, V29 http://www.dtafast.co.uk/news/latest_news.shtml#V29. Quite an old update, im on 68 now so could go ahead and fit a cam sensor and run sequential. But do i need to? As far as im aware this would half the ammount of times the coils fire and give me another sensor to go wrong.

Its a great thing that DTA have recognized our engines worthy of a dedicated setup but for now ill stick with wasted.

Cheers.
                      The ONLY S2 Golf!
                      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                      10.42@138mph
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Working...
                      X