Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First start on VEMS today! (some questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First start on VEMS today! (some questions)

Started my fully build engine on VEMS today

I'm total newbie on VEMS so i have some questions. I started the car on the base map which was on the ECU. Only thing i changed was the Req feul (injector Size) on the engine setup menu to 2.5 ms. because i have 870cc VM14 injectors instead of the original ones.

The engine starts fine and runs very nice for aboud 10 seconds en than it stutters and stalls. Just as you can see in the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZrM6vviok

I also added a log file of the run you can see in the movie.

http://www.2shared.com/file/9aGh6XBE...06-190359.html

Things i noticed:
    - There is a red sign which says: Too many Pr. trig
    - Lambda don't seems to work. ( As you can hear in the movie i don't have a turbo on so i have made the wideband sensor in the hole for the waste-gate. I don't know of this has any effect on it?)

Things you may wand to know.
    Firmware 1.1.81
    Config 1.1.81

Anyone know what can cours this?
    Tanks
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

on the trigger settings, set:

minimum angle: 1
    maximum angle : 359

Comment

also check all the validation errors and correct them. Where there is an invalid value, either change it to disabled or something that makes sense

1.1.81 may have an issue with the trigger setting and you may need to upgrade to one of the newer ones.

Comment

Update to 1.1.95 or 1.1.96

Comment

you can email me your config and ill make some changes for you.+ explanations.

its likely that the car stalls because the fuel may be not enough. If the car is cold and mixture too lean, it will stumble

Comment

Don't have VEMS but it sounds like your post cranking fuel enrichment is keeping the engine running for 10 seconds, after that your base fuel map isn't fuelling the motor adequately. I would suggest upping the coolant temp. fuel enrichment fields in the lower temp ranges. I always find it scary just how much fuel cold engines need, its alot. My experiences are with the 034EFI but im sure there all similar and this could help you. Oh and getting a reliable AFR reading is pretty crucial to setting up your ECU so I'd sort that out, you don't wanna bore wash your motor.
            2000 B5 A4 Quattro Sport ~ 2.0 20V GT30R ~ Gone
            1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
            1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

Tanks for all the answers!

I can only tinker on my car until Saturday. I do all the work outside so on sunday i will to the car to its rest place for the winter. Its a long way form my home so i'm not able to work on it any more until the spring or so.

As you can see in the pix i have nade the wbo2 in the hole for the wastgate. I calibrated the sensor and that's all fine. Can the sensor by broke or is the engine ectualy running lean? Is there some way to check?

And i'm not doing the final mapping my self. Just like to see if the engine runs good before my trip to the tuner.

@A80Avant.
              All the validation errors are orange right? I have seen some more of that yes. I will try to sent you the config file

And when you update to the newest firmware do you have setup all of the settings on the ECU again?
              Attached Files

Comment

how come you put the lamda on the wastegate? was it just to check if it is working?

i doubt it is broken.

validation errors of main concern are the red ones, not the orange

Comment

Oke, I just put the lambda there to get some readings for the first start. And i don't have a downpipe jet.

But does the lambda value i get, affects anything the way the engine is running? I assume it cant run close loop when the sensor is not reading richt? Or does this not effect anything when the engine is cold (open loop)?

Comment

Put the turbo on and then try to start the car. If the WB is on the wastegate hole it is too close to the outlet and it can be reading wrong.

In the log it seems that you are running too rich and thats why it stalls. The WB does not work till it is warmed up properly.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

if the lamda is like that, then you can only run open loop, but still it wont be able to tell you the true lamda reading, so there is no real way to see how much fuel is injected.

since the car starts, id suggest you do the downpipe, connect everything and then do more tests

Comment

The goal for my was to have a ruining engine before it go's away for the winter. I'm very happy with the progress i made so i will put the car away until the spring. In the mean time i can buy all the stuff i need to finch the car

I also noticed in the EGO closed loop control settings that the minimum temp is 45'c to enable the closed loop. (if i'm right) and my engine is around that themp when it stalls.

Tanks for all the input. And vass for the config file.

Roy

Comment

the 10 secs are not enough for the lambda to start reading.

I think the best you can do is load a better file and then start from there. See the attached and note (injector group table-dont know if you must have it like this. I have it the other way round):
                          Attached Files
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

your afterstart and warm up settings are way off.
                            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

anything new?
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                              X