Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vems too many pr.trig

hey s2forum
    I am new to VEMS and could use some help.

I have now mounted my PnP vems on my 3b with pin swap to aby. RS2 turbo. STR EM. 510ml injectors. 3 "full exhaust. Big intercooler.

to my problem: when I started it up it runs okay, but it keeps writing: too many pr.trig. and it will not make more than 0.5 bar boost pressure

have tried some different things without help.
    I will send you my config file if it helps.

I hope you can help Regards Søren

I have tried to upload my config file with no luck

Comment

try and do it in a .rar file.

do you have the trigger settings set to 'just show'?

you could post this query at vemscommunitforums, where there is more people involved with vems that could offer assistance

Comment

yes it is set to: just show

I've made it into a rar.fil but writes upload error

okay I'll try that

but thanks for answering

Comment

Have you swaped "crank home" pins? See here: http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/ar...?articles_id=1

Comment

have you reviewed http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=VemsAudiAan

Comment

post your Vemstune - Tools - Record triggerlog
              5vtq gte

Comment

IF you don´t get any help here, talk to Emil or Mattias at www.VEMS.se
                1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

thanks friends for your help.
                  it was my crank home adapter I had installed on the wrong sensor ups

I'm very happy for the help in here

Comment

Originally posted by max_s2 View Post
                    Have you swaped "crank home" pins? See here: http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/ar...?articles_id=1
                    Do I need to do this on a 3b even though i carried out the pin swap ?

"Trigger

The secondary trigger crankhome-VR MUST BE reversed. Can be done in the connector on the firewall.

Measure trigger resistance against AANpin48.

•... Ohm between 49 and 48 (135 cranktooth-VR primary trigger)
                    •... Ohm between 47 and 48 (crankhome-VR secondary trigger)
                    Reversing crankhome-VR polarity

•Disconnect the crankhome-VR secondary trigger (3 pin AMP connector at the firewall. Was black in our AAN harness). In the female connector:
                    ◦measure with DVM which of the 3 pins go to motronic AAN pin48 (this is trigger GND)
                    ◦measure with DVM which of the 3 pins go to motronic AAN pin47 (crankhome-VR secondary trigger. The 3B engine-harness pinout is different: 3Bpin49 !!!)
                    •measure resistance between pin 1 and 2 in the 3pin male connector (of the sensor). You should get the same Ohm as above (eg. 980 Ohm, or 1010 Ohm or around that)
                    •swap the 2 wires in the female connector (red and violet in our case)
                    ◦if you cannot pull out the receptacles, than you need to cut, blank, solder and insulate
                    •mate the crankhome-VR secondary trigger 3pin connector (male in the female :-)
                    •do the measurement in the motronic pins, ... Ohm between 47 and 48 : it should still be the same (the ohm measurement is polarity independent)
                    "

Comment

Working...
                    X