Idle problem on VEMs 1.1.96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle problem on VEMs 1.1.96

Recently,just got the VEMS in my car.I got it start up by the help of my friend.
    the car is UrS6 with GT2871 a/r .63 , Wagner RS2 evo 'EM , 440 Big Green Injectors,
    260 deg Dr.Schrick Cams.I'm on the way Tuning the VE table.Now,I'm running on the
    basemap with slightly tweaks on the VE,Spark Table.
    Currently,I seem to have some weird idle on my car.When I first start the car with afterstart,warmup enrichment mode on.The engine will stay around 1100RPM w/o a/c on,
    950RPM with a/c on.Once I'm driving the car for 15mins until Engine temp reached the
    operating temp.It feels like the RPM is getting lower around 650 RPM.With the A/C on,the idle is slightly and very slow to compensate it up until 720RPM.I have tried to tweak the IAC Ref curve,PWM on the most bottom value up,the RPM is getting up higher then.The problem is once i tweaked the IAC Ref curve,PWM.When the engine is cold,the RPM will be getting a little bit higher around 1200RPM.Is this supposed to be normal,once
    tweaked the IAC Ref curve,PWM higher?I also occasionally experience osciallation.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

here's my tables.

Comment

What's your integral settings? Sounds like they could be off
      I'm running 1.1.95 had a few weird things on 1.196

Comment

Run 1.1.96 since it came out and had no issues since then.
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Hey Jamo,did you mean the integral limit on PID setting window?
          I'm thinking to replace my ISV.I had some poor oscillation issue even I ran it
          with the motronic.I'm also not sure if anything on Warmup enrichment,IAC curve is off.

one more question,What's the best(safest) way to tweak the Spark table.To be honest,I've realized that
          wrong the spark table is way easy to blow the engine.

I'm so noob on VEMS.please apologized for any noob questions mate.

Comment

Find a map that is close to your engine and use a Knock HEARING device to see if it knocks (Starting from low load sites and slowly raising boost) or find someone with experience to tune the map for you.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman View Post
              Find a map that is close to your engine and use a Knock HEARING device to see if it knocks (Starting from low load sites and slowly raising boost) or find someone with experience to tune the map for you.
              Hey Billman,I'm using the RS'd map from my friend(Krieng,he also posted the thread below) and tweak the VE Table by WBO2.unfortunately,We're on our own mate.since there's only persons who's using VEMS in Thailand.UrS cars is also rare here.

Comment

one thing,i'm interested on the knock detection device.I found "the knock box" with the headphone.anyone experienced on it?or is there any aftermarket devices you guys would recommend for knock hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
                  one thing,i'm interested on the knock detection device.I found "the knock box" with the headphone.anyone experienced on it?or is there any aftermarket devices you guys would recommend for knock hearing?
                  I am using this but you need to get used to it in order to tell knock....On a stock engine ti should not be very difficult.

http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/ar...?articles_id=4
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Anything can cause the idle vary?Just like when i first start and wait until the warm up enrichment off.The idle stays rock at 1200RPM.once I'm driving it
                    out for a couple miles,the Idle just dials back to 1000RPM.I have also tried to tweak down the IAC curve on the specific coolant temp on the curve when
                    the idle stays at 1200RPM.After driving out the idle just went down to 800RPM(too low).

Another question is Today I brought my car out to take a log.on the 3rd gear,once i shift down 2nd gear and stumble the gas almost 100% on TPS.The car put out a backfire!The motorbike in front of my car almost hits the barrier once he heard a backfire lol.

Comment

another kinda weird is I noticed on the idle i see the lambda at 0.80.after tweak down the VE table on the idle cells.The Lambda gave me a good result at 0.99-1.01.I took a car for a cruising and back home.the lambda was back to 0.80-0.90 again.I'm sure i already click the "burn" button.I'm thinking to check
                      if my ISV is still good or anything leaks on the vacuum.I'm thinking to check the N80 (Chacoal canister valve) and another check valve under the right fender if there's any cracks or loosen clamps and drool up some unmetered air.Anyone ever experienced this.So far I feel great on the VEMS.the car is running even better than the off-the-shelf dedicated software.

Comment

I have uploaded some logs for today.Please kindly verify my logs.

Firststart n Idle.
                        http://www.4shared.com/file/0cu3gRSF...306-18052.html

Cruising and backfire.
                        http://www.4shared.com/file/1ROZOVlO...06-183420.html

Comment

Working...
                        X