Rich knock/Detonation.Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich knock/Detonation.Anyone?

here's the video illustration i found on youtube which is the most similar kinda knock i'm experiencing on my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Due7mkTHMlw

i'm just wondering if running over-rich can cause the detonation/knocking?

here's the ignition table & lambda target on my car.

I'm experiencing the weird knocking coming out between 3-4K RPM when WOT with

high gear(4-5th) .I noticed my boost will be ramedp up from 160KPA-250KPA between 3-4K

RPM during the knocking.I tried to richen up the fuel but no luck so I'm just wondering

if we're running over rich AFR,Can it cause the knocking?I have searched from

Google.I found threads talking about rich detonation if running AFR on 10s-11s.the

over rich fuel will be saturated the cylinder walls and gets mixture in the motor oil?

here's my new revised Lambda Target but still need her to get on the road first.

one of a few I5 from Asia.

Your timing map is completely wrong...
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Yes our map not complete first timing map for test upper limit (< 4500 rpm)
      result is pull hard but some noise.

Safe timing map show below
      Attached Files

Comment

Who the hell mapped that?

Comment

My test map ,you must try you will see.........

I drove below 4500 rpm 200 km. by tested I found many thing

Have you ever eaten Pat Thai (a kind noodles).

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
            Who the hell mapped that?
            some guides is much appreciated Jamo .

Comment

all are I5 map

I find min and max of each cell and try carefully,
              I will find some result

In Thailand only have simple inertia dyno
              Attached Files

Comment

I find the map pretty good. It is a good safe map. Apart from the idle region that has some issues.
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

another problems on my configs is upper right of the VE table.I have tried a many times taking a good logs.
                  i found that the VE correction always show my config requires less fuel on the upper right table.
                  lets' say 5500 @ 260kpa needs lesser fuel(109) than 5500 @ 220kpa(122).Theoretically,i don't think it's correct.
                  So once i have a look on Log view.i always get the richer lambda than the lambda target.ie.lambda target is
                  0.79.on the Lambda always show 0.72-0.74.Preset the EgoC 10% both rich&lean.EgoC sticks around89-90%.
                  it fully compensate the error on VE table.

Comment

i heard some kinda knocking noise once the Rev passing 3-4K RPM while boost ramp up from 200-260Kpa at 3rd-5th gear.
                    with the lower gear(less load),i don't think it's knocking.I have tried to lean out the lambda but no worky.I still hear some knock
                    coming out.

Comment

109 to 122 is a big leap! Make the VE table correct.
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Remember,there's only 2 VEMS users here in Thailand so it's tough for us to get any inputs.everything is trial& error.i realized playing with some luck on the ignition table is quite risky to blow up the engine but any alternatives.we have ECU tuners here in Thailand but they're new to the VEMS so what's the point to be asking them to find some luck on our cars.personally i don't think it makes any senses.if i'm living in N.USA or in Europe or somewhere which
                        there's plenty of users/tuners.i'd rather pay them for tuning just for a peace of mind.

Comment

@Billman,

that's the problems.the VE correction shows 109 on the upper cells while the correct VE on the lower cells show 122.
                          in other word it requires lesser fuel with higher RPM,higher boost.does it make any senses?

Comment

pictures say a hundred words.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tuning standalone is the same wether VEMS or other system. Any good tuner can tune your map for WOT.

In the log ou posted you lift off the throttle. That causes the lambda to read rich for a moment.

If you need to see the actual lambda you must have steady throttle at every point. Pushing the throttle in or letting go messes up you lambda reading for some moments.

Make a good run even on lower boost and post the log. then we can help with the VE map.

You have not answered if you set up your base timing with ignition light.
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                              X