Idle On VEMS + A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle On VEMS + A/C

Now that my A/C is finally working, i got to test the idle speed whilst the A/C is engaged and going on and off periodically.

on older firmwares (ie 1.1.23) the idle was very difficult to control(although i had managed to) because values input on the settings were merely guesses and made no sense in some cars than others.

However with the latest firmwares (1.1.95 onwards) for the past year, the idle settings do make sense and are easily approachable and made to work.

So, long story short, the A/C works, and i get no idle fluctuations or dips or stalls. If i actually pay attention only to the idle rpm needle, i can barely notice any kind of movement. On the digital screen off VEMS, i can spot a tiny drop on voltage drop while the A/C engages, and then almost immediately the ECU takes control to adjust the speed where its set.

Pretty happy with the fact that one more myth about aftermarket ECUs is busted for VEMS.

Boldly going where Bosch went 30 years ago

(aah I am gonna get flamed so hard for this)

Congrats on getting your car running though. Idle is mostly about tuning and not much to do with ECU
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Thanks for your praises.

not worth spending time flaming you.

Comment

Nice to hear I got My idle almost perfect, I woundering if it Will help anything to upgrade from 1.1.92 to à newer firmware, i guess you have to tune The idle again for the Winter now when temperature has dropped... Mine has start to climb now when its colder...
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

nice going vas.

last time i saw my ecu it was at 1.1.23rc. lol

come to think of it where is my ecu......

Comment

the 1.1.92 to 1.1.95 doesnt necesseraly mean that you will have to change the settings. If they dont work now, that means that the 1.1.95 wont work well either.

I can have a look if you want.

Thanks Garry, yeah, i have spent a lot of time with it, but it was worth it!

Comment

Its working good I believe, just curious if it change anything with new firmware... maybe my motor will start faster... have to crank quite long before it starts... heard some roumers that it was fixed in the 1.1.95 edition... only biggy is that now when it´s cooler it has a higher idle.. maybe it´s how it works...
              1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
              2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
              2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

I don't remember if there is a signification change. The hardware settings are also crucial as well.

sent with WSGS3

Comment

Working...
                X