Anyone run VEMS on stock setup....my plan with E85 + LPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone run VEMS on stock setup....my plan with E85 + LPG

Hi, Just post to see if anyone run VEMS on the stock turbo.
    I plan to run on UrS6 with bi-fuel (E85 and LPG) on K24-7000 and hope to hit 300 HP
    Before I move forward to K24-7400 for 390 HP
    Currently my car runs on LPG and Gasoline with 264 HP Chip Tune.

My setup plan :-

- VEMS

Setup for E85
    - FPR adjustable (3-6 Bars)
    - Fuel hose submersible J30R10 2 feet
    - Injector 0280155558 Replica 440cc@3bars
    - EM (log type)
    - Current FP from Nippon Denso (340 HP for 2JZ-GTE engine)

Setup for LPG
    - New Reducer for 300 KW
    - Rebuild injector
    - The rest remain

Please share your data and setup, how it is or else.
    Many thanks for all input.
    Kot

I have the motronic timing map but that is against Load rather than kpa, and even though there is a rough corellqtion between the 2 its not be copied into a timing table as is. Its a starting point though. If you like pm me your email and in a week I will be able to send you the .jpg

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

I have never heard of a turbo engine lasting very long on LPG... even naturally aspirated engine takes a pretty rough beating running LPG.
      How many KM have u driven since u converted it?

Comment

Originally posted by 94S2Sedan View Post
        I have never heard of a turbo engine lasting very long on LPG... even naturally aspirated engine takes a pretty rough beating running LPG.
        How many KM have u driven since u converted it?
        I run my audi a6 2.7 biturbo around 320hp on lpg.Did 60000 miles in 4 years with lpg,car was runing perfect.Now new oner done 20000 more and still perfect.If is good system and you servicing correct,engine can run longer then on petrol.

Comment

Wow I dident know that. Here in Brasil people tend to stay away from LPG converted vehicles. I personally have never owned a car fitted with LPG.
          But I hav heard plenty of horror stories about cars with LPG conversions having to go through engine rebuilds.
          Is it true that there is about a 15% power loss on LPG?

Comment

Originally posted by 94S2Sedan View Post
            Wow I dident know that. Here in Brasil people tend to stay away from LPG converted vehicles. I personally have never owned a car fitted with LPG.
            But I hav heard plenty of horror stories about cars with LPG conversions having to go through engine rebuilds.
            Is it true that there is about a 15% power loss on LPG?
            Not really true.I make my car run more power then petrol for some time.But using lpg is for economy not for power.My ex car vw passat had 1.8t 20v with lpg and on dyno show 1hp less then petrol .On old systems it was really bed,but new lpg systems is very good.I work for some time in lpg garage, instaling this systems.You can't believe it that cars we put lpg .Like S2 is very simple car.If my car would be for every day 100% will put lpg.

Comment

I was runing vems on stock k24 turbo and was very good.1/4 mile 12.69s my car weight was 1300kg

Comment

Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
                I was runing vems on stock k24 turbo and was very good.1/4 mile 12.69s my car weight was 1300kg
                That's a beast!
                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Hi,
                  M tks for all input.

Running LPG on any vehicle is very positive in both economic and power.
                  Dont let anyone fool you on the shorten engine life. Anything you can burn you can mod to use in any engine.
                  Back in old day, head are made of soft aluminum/metal that why leaded gasoline was used to solve this problem.

A good tune on LPG will give you better end result than gasoline.
                  Mass production fuel, Ethanol is best, following with LPG, CNG and gasoline.
                  But CNG the tank is too heavy and fill up only 1/2 of LPG.
                  My car with LPG tank 79 LTR can only fill up to 85% of the tank, avg of 7 km/ltr will travel for approx 400 km.
                  While with E10/E20 will travel up to 550 km.

Stock car install LPG as "Biturbo" said will got end result less only 1HP, but if tune with stand alone engine management will get better result.
                  And you will get Cleaner in combustion chamber due to less of hydrocarbon deposit, less emission.

Stock K24 by VEMS with end result of 1/4m 12.69s is fantastic, not many car on road can beat you up.
                  This is a good input for me to go on with stock turbo, and see the end result before consider a larger K24-7400.

Any input on this topic relating E85/LPG/CNG are welcome.
                  Tks in advance,
                  Kot

Comment

I have the motronic timing map but that is against Load rather than kpa, and even though there is a rough corellqtion between the 2 its not be copied into a timing table as is. Its a starting point though. If you like pm me your email and in a week I will be able to send you the .jpg

Thank you for your help, I have Pop and Krieng who using VEMS down here.
                    Waiting for arrival of VEMS in next couple weeks.
                    Krieng gave me the config file with E20 for stock turbo, I have gone through out once.
                    As a newbie, will take time to study. If I have any quest will surely ask an expert like you.

Tks n rgds,
                    Kot
                    Last edited by kotnelson; 6 November 2012, 04:57.

Comment

Hi,
                      Just want to update on this issue.

- 1 Jan 2013 I put VEMS on with all stock S6 AAN, running WB O2 had to extend to cable by 100cm
                      - Tune up with E20, Begin to lean after 4000 rpm / 155 Kpa. Still can make normal driving
                      - Got communication problem with USB>RS232, buy new Express Card to RS232 instead, problem solved
                      - Once E20 is empty, fill in with E85 approx
                      - 7 Jan 13, put green big Injector 440cc@3bar (I used 508cc@4bar) but not running smooth due to 2 injector not working good at low RPM
                      - 8 Jan 13, fill up with E85, 51 liters. Calculation fuel approx = E68
                      - Check Injector calibration found 1 injector not working well@idle. Higher RPM is fine.
                      - 10 Jan 13, put RS2 Replica Injector rated 380cc@4bars (still lean at high RPM)
                      - 12-14 Jan test driving up country. Fill up 20 ltr so total approx E75 in the tank. Alot of fun seem like new engine Max boost 288 Kpa
                      - Fuel consump 66 Ltr : 455 Km pretty good on the first tank driving
                      - 14 Jan order 3 injector Big Green 440cc@3bar
                      - now on tuning stage with E85 and LPG (LPG I have a ECU like piggy back)

Tks
                      Kot

Comment

I push up the stock K24-7000 with LPG, this is on the test to see the result.
                        from 75 kPa up to 292 kPa in approx 2 sec.
                        It was very sweet and pull quite hard. Anyway, compare to E85 still far behind !!!!!

Current still run with LPG's ECU, next project will remove this ECU and install resistance 8 ohms@50watts.

FYI

Comment

I have been running lpg in my urs4 for 5 years now. Also running bigger turbo for 400 to 450 bhp. No engine problems at all. I use two kme gold vaporizers and magic jet injectors. Exhaust gas temperature is 30 deg c cooler on lpg compared to petrol with the same afr and timing. Cheers des

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                            I have been running lpg in my urs4 for 5 years now. Also running bigger turbo for 400 to 450 bhp. No engine problems at all. I use two kme gold vaporizers and magic jet injectors. Exhaust gas temperature is 30 deg c cooler on lpg compared to petrol with the same afr and timing. Cheers des

M tks for your input.

I only use 1 Magic II reducer which claim by factory up to 300 Kw.
                            With LPG I will use for normal driving and aim for 280 HP.
                            But with E85 aim for 300+ HP or at max of the weakage hardware, in my case is K24-7000.

Cheers
                            Kot

Comment

Working...
                            X