Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prj
    replied
    Hmm, I think VEMS should be sampling MAP different depending on RPM.

I looked at it a little, and as I understand it, it logs per "trigger".
    And "trigger" in VEMS internal division, so if you use DivBy3 for example, it's 3 "triggers" per 135 teeth.

So if there are 10 samples per trigger for example, you would have 30 samples per crankshaft rotation.

So at 800 rpm it would be 400 samples per second and at 8000 rpm 4000 samples per second.
    Unless I am missing something...

In Motronic I thought it was a good idea to sync the samples to the cylinder phases.
    So right now I am going to test 3 or 6 samples between cylinders, or one sample every 9/18 teeth (135 tooth wheel, 54 teeth between cylinders), 45/90 samples per two crankshaft rotations or 22.5/45 samples per one crankshaft rotation.
    At 800 rpm it would be 150 or 300 samples per second and at 8000 it would be 1500 or 3000.

I don't think a very high sample rate will change much. I spoke to Marc about it, and he has experimented with different settings, and there is not really much difference in how much you do per second... so I think 3 samples between each cylinder firing is OK. The goal is to have a stable MAP signal more than anything.

Leave a comment:

• A80Avant
    replied
    are you asking for the timing vs map vs rpm log?

vems is logging roughly 18-19 samples per second from a quick count that i just did on a log

Leave a comment:

• prj
    replied
    Now also wrote the algorithms - MAP * VE(MAP, RPM) * IAT...
    Normally ECU stock acceleration/deceleration enrichment is based on load gradient.
    Maybe I will need to change acceleration enrichment to use TPS gradient - will need to test.

But sampling every X teeth, then summing it provides a good and stable signal regardless of RPM.

Leave a comment:

• prj
    replied
    I figured the way to do it right - sample it every X teeth. Will see what X will be and how well it works.

Leave a comment:

• 4WheelDrifter
    replied
    Hmm.. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• prj
    replied
    Btw, VEMS settings for MAP filter on I5 would be interesting too

Leave a comment:

• prj
    started a topic MAP sensor sampling

MAP sensor sampling

I am working on a speed density algorithm for the good old Motronic.

I was wondering, if some aftermarket ECU (VEMS?) has the ability to produce a high enough sample rate log, to show the TDC trigger/crank angle as well as the current MAP sensor reading on the same graph?

Something like this:
    http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/pix/maplog-1cyl.png

I am right now not sure if it's enough if I sample the MAP sensor at TDC and average the last two readings (so realistically having always the MAP from 1 full cycle of the engine at a fixed crank angle), or if I need to poll the sensor more often during the rotation of the engine and then average the readings.

If anyone has any logs like this on idle and maybe at full load, it would be very interesting to see from the standpoint of an I5 engine...
Working...
X