Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here ever use this wonder little device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever use this wonder little device?

I was talking to a friend of mine who asked me to install a WOT box on his GTI 1.8T. i was inclined to say WOT the heck is it first. i went online, did some research on it and its a very nice way to add a true iginiton cut launch control/2-step with no lift shift to virtually any car. I installed it on his GTI and it worked just like having ignition cut launch control and NLS with a standalone ECU. im considering getting this to try out on my ANN engine since standalone is out of my price range and i refuse to pay 600.00+ for a tune for my stock ECU that supposedly has similar results. i wanted an ignition cut launch control and NLS for my audi at an affordable price and i think i finally found the answer.
    Any of you guys work with this box on the AAN or 3B engine and can tell me how well it works?

Here's a like to the company's web site that sells the WOT box.
    http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

i know a fair few 1.8 guys use these on their B6's in America.

Dont know much more than that though

Comment

I've used it - it works great.
      800HP 800++Nm

Comment

have you used it on an I5 20V turbo? what sort of boost did you make on the launch control?

Comment

i have one in my b6 audi. the only thing i can say is it does trigger the misfire counter when using launch control so ignition timing does become retarded during the run. I am trying to figure out how to read my ecu to code out the misfire count on WOT to make better use of this. O BTW... I'm new to the forum, so HI! lol

Comment

Originally posted by tofast2belast View Post
            i have one in my b6 audi. the only thing i can say is it does trigger the misfire counter when using launch control so ignition timing does become retarded during the run. I am trying to figure out how to read my ecu to code out the misfire count on WOT to make better use of this. O BTW... I'm new to the forum, so HI! lol
            to learn about your ECU and removing the misfire counter visit http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/. those guys can answer any question about your ECU you could ever have. i had a similar problem with an anniversary GTI when i added the code to the ECU for ignition cut launch control and they helped me get rid of the misfire counter.

Comment

Working...
            X