Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert VEMS econo seal to PNP for URS4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert VEMS econo seal to PNP for URS4.

Im picking up a VEMS ECU second hand but its an econo seal version. im capable of making the jumper harness to go from the econo seal connector to the motronic connector. my question is if i have to make any changes to the board itself for the AAN cam and crank sensors to function properly? also what diode do i need to put inline with the ISV to make it function properly?
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Give up on Motronic?
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

pretty much. let the motronic "gods" have it. im tired of racking my brain, getting ran in circles and being insulted for everything i tried to do with motronic. i have a new turbo to install and larger injectors and motronic is not allowing me to upgrade to these parts easily so im tossing it in the corner with all the obselete crap as bosch calls it and installing something modern that i can easily tune to my needs.

i mean why would i pay someone 500+ dollars to tune the stock ECU for the turbo and injectors and when i decide to make changes again gotta shuck out more money again. i just broke down and bought VEMS now i can tune it myself on my local dyno at my convience. ultimately i saved money and got something i can run all my cars on if i want to.

Comment

I think there are VEMS threads on Motorgeek. Barring that, you could contact Marc S. at EFI Express. He is a VEMS dealer and Motronic and VEMS tuner/programmer and might have what you need to get to the PnP level that he sells.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

The guy i got the ECU from bought it from marc originally. once i have the ECU in my hands than im going to get in contact with him and see if he'll help me out with making the proper changes. im just pre-gaming to make sure i made the right choice on picking this stuff up.

Comment

Well I can tell you this, I am using an econoseal with 100% of the stock 7a sensors but I did a separate harness bypassing the stock stuff. So, at some level the answer is yes; another thing to verify is how your VEMS is configured as there are a few options for hardware. Marc should be able to look this up.

Or, just this http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=940
            Last edited by Mcstiff; 2 April 2014, 03:46.
            1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

Send me your email and I will forward you some wiring diagrams I have for mine
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

well i got the jumper harness made thanks jade's xml file. now im on to making the hardware modifications to the board for the crank triggers. does anyone have any pictures of their PNP board? that would make my life a little easier having a visual comparison. also what hardware needs added and where can i get it from?

Comment

Working...
                X