dead VEMS ECU now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead VEMS ECU now???

everything was up and running just fine, i was making some simple idle adjustments in vemstune and when i hit burn the ECU lost communication with the latptop and the idle slowly dropped till the car shut off. i went key off and than key back on and my fuel pump primed for way longer than it was supposed to so i shut the key off again. key on one more time and no fuel pump prime and no communication with laptop. did i just manage to kill my VEMS ECU after having it working for one whole day? is there a way to recover the flash maybe?
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Sounds odd. Check grounds and connector to the ecu.

Comment

have you checked the com ports on correct channel?
      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

i pulled everything back out and its now powered by my jimstim and i have no communication still. changed serial to USB adapters and 2 different computers and no response. i was reading about how to put the ECU into boot mode by jumping pins 2 and 3 in the serial connector so i tried that and no love in vemstune or serial terminal. i found a little information on how to reprogram the atmega bootloader directly but that info seems outdated.
        Last edited by vwnut8392; 12 May 2014, 10:38.

Comment

boot mode should always work if the ecu has somehow lost its config. there is never any need to reprogram the cpu directly. a config change would pretty much never kill an ecu completely, its really not possible. when you say you are "powering the ecu via jimstim" what do you mean? all you need is 12v and ground to the appropriate pins on the ecu and it should be awake. Do you get 5v out on the tps and cam sensor vcc lines?
          Marc Swanson
          Proprietor, EFI Express
          95.5 //S6 Avant
          90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
          93' //S4
          83' UrQ
          97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

i have 12V on both pins, the grounds are all there going into the ECU and there is 5v output for on the secondary trigger pin and the 5V+ pin. it wont go into boot mode at all. i've been staring at the PCB trying see if something failed on it and cant find anything.
            Last edited by vwnut8392; 12 May 2014, 21:43.

Comment

Working...
            X