Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for mild RS2 tuning in SE UK

Hi,

Seriously considering a mild tune for my RS2. Engine wise its spot on and well maintained in stock guise, apart from Samco hoses and a Milltek catback. Not after anything crazy, just a further tune for mild power and efficiency gains.

Reading a few of the threads on here, I was originally hoping Dimitris would be back in the UK as he seems to be the expert, but not sure when that will be as he appears to be a very busy man.

Next option was MRC, but I understand they no longer custom map older cars (for understandable reasons I guess) and I had no reply to an email I sent.

As those are seemingly out, it looks like a Homefries chip, or perhaps one of the MTM ones from Kim at QST (where my car is maintained), are the well proven alternatives.

Welcome hearing any experiences / recommendations or indeed other proven options (im based near Bromley, Kent). Many thanks!

Cheers,
    Neal
    Racing's important to men who do it well. When your racing its life. Anything that comes before or after is just waiting.

prj can also do you a standard chip if your car is stock.

Comment

You need to phone MRC, email is a waste of time with how busy they are

Comment

MRC still maps older cars but due to the age of these vehicles they insist you have new and genuine maf, n75, isv, throttle position sensor, diverter, lambda, coil packs and boots.

New uprated fuel pump with relayed power and the ecu must be accessible to the emulator without damage to the emulator. They only do stage three remaps for these cars.

This info is from the faq's section on their website. Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks gents.

I had a rummage around MRCs site but didnt want the whole stage three malarky (nor the associated expense).

Might give them a call and give prj a PM as well - unless he's reading this?!
          Racing's important to men who do it well. When your racing its life. Anything that comes before or after is just waiting.

Comment

IMHO, NCTS etc. etc.

But just send your ECU to Dimitri, ask him to put an RS2 + tune on it for a standard RS2 car and refit the ECU on it's return and revel in the extra power for comparatively little expense and effort on your part.

Job done.

Keep us all posted either way.

Comment

Give Will at VRS Northampton a shout. He'll keep you right, and you'll enjoy the drive home.
              Stuart
              B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Mark at automark is another option.

Bang for buck a PRJ generic is going to be hard to beat.

Motronic tuners list if you want to shop around.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=tuners

What can Will/VRS do? Are they live mapping motronic or supplying generic chipsets for certain tubos they supply?
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                  Mark at automark is another option.
                  Must resists, must resist

Comment

I'm coming to the UK on the 3rd week of June, maybe you would like it mapped then?
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Awesome! Yes please

Comment

Working...
                      X