Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating vems firmware from 1.7x to newest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating vems firmware from 1.7x to newest.

I have been running vems for a quite a few years now. At the start I updated firmware as it came out and got to version 1.7 something maybe 1.78 and stayed there as everything ran well. Now on my stroker build I'm having problems getting boost to control the way I want it too and noticed that vems now has better boost control options.

So how do I go about upgrading to the latest firmware? I used to have to disconnect injectors and coils is that still needed? It's been so long I haven't a clue.

Cheers

http://www.efiexpress.com/catalog/ar...?articles_id=6
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

ill have a go in a few weeks. tried many times from 1.0.23rc and failed many times. good job it ran (hopefully runs still) well on that ye olde a firmware.

Comment

Ok I will have a go during the week. Fancy a drive today!

Comment

Oh what's the latest recommend firmware for our engines using the audi crank trigger?

Comment

I have the 1.2.11 from memory but you can use the one that also implements the knock control. I haven't got around doing that. Brian has a tuner that has some experience in that upgrade and tune.
            As for the firmware update you need to have the latest vems tune installed, remove coil plugs and injector plugs and get the patches required depending on your IAT and coolant sensor. EFI express has the details.
            Once it updates you will have a massive amount of red flags you need to clear and areas of settings you may not be familiar with or need. So I'd suggest load on your laptop the generic firmware you will be updating to and have a browse through the settings to see what's new

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
              Oh what's the latest recommend firmware for our engines using the audi crank trigger?
              any higher than 1.2.2 , I prefer 1.2.23 it has all the needed features, good boost control, working knock, but, if you have very old ecu you need to upgrade ecu bootloader, to use firmware higher than 1.1.96 or 1.1.94

Comment

How can you tell if your bootloader needs updated?

Comment

This page: http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/general/bo...r_upgrade.html
                  5vtq gte

Comment

Thanks again. Some homework for this week then.

Comment

Oh Ffs this boot loader looks complicated. My ecu is probably old....

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                        Oh Ffs this boot loader looks complicated. My ecu is probably old....
                        not so much complicated but you need to have interface to connect to ecu processor directly

Comment

I will check out what version my vems is tomorrow night and order that lead if required. Nothing is simple is it.

Comment

My vems ecu is old and requires the new boot loader so I have ordered the special cable. Will let you know how I get on. I am on version 1.74 and will upgrade to 1.89 I think that's as far as I can go untill I have yhe stuff for the bootloader.

Comment

Working...
                            X