Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haltech Elite ecu - Intermittent issues

Hi Gents,

i took the plunge and wired up a Haltech Elite series ecu.
    The good news is the car starts and runs without Maf

Though there is a couple issues

First is an intermittent issue with the crank sensor not sending a constant signal to the ecu (ie the Haltech shows the signal from the sensor as if it is going "on/off" which is causing rough idling and running from the fuel pump.
    Using an oscilloscope, we can confirm it is reading correctly. So the sensor is working but dont know why it is doing what it is doing.
    Anyone else experienced this?

second issue which is a weird one... Somehow it is losing spark to one coil pack. But the weird part it changes. Ie sometimes cyl 1 spark will stop then it will kick back in and cyl 4 may stop. Then kick back in and then another different one may stop. And then for a short few seconds she purrs beautifully on all 5 until it starts missing again.

Fustrating to say the least cause we cant put a finger on it but the most important thing is it starts and runs with the Haltech ecu.

A rep from Haltech is coming in to see if they can get to the bottom of it but was hoping someone can shed some light on it.
    Current:
    1993 Audi S2 Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r w/ E85 = 430kw atw

Past:
    2002 Audi S4 Nogaro Blue Stage 3+ - 250kw+ atw
    2001 Audi S3 Silver - 169kw+ atw

do you need to do a polarity swap on crank sensor like in vems. siounds to me that its just not firing at the correct time maybe rather than a loss of spark. so you get random misfires.

Comment

thanks Gaz

im not sure they are random because when one coil loses spark iloses it for a period until you pull the coil out and then it kicks back in, but the missing spark shifts to another coil. Its like the ecu only wants to run on 4 cyl.

the rep from Haltech are coming to the party and are looking to rewrite the program as they believe it is an issue from their end (i.e the software on the ecu)

Maybe cause Audi engines are being difficult (i.e. not so simple like a jap engine) they have to tweak the software to accommodate.
      Hopefully should have the new code to upload on monday now...
      Current:
      1993 Audi S2 Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r w/ E85 = 430kw atw

Past:
      2002 Audi S4 Nogaro Blue Stage 3+ - 250kw+ atw
      2001 Audi S3 Silver - 169kw+ atw

Comment

What kind of Trigger System are you using?

-OEM AudiTrigger with 135th starter gear and crankhome pin on flywheel?

or

- just the rpm from the 135th starter gear and crankhome by the camtrigger (like Link ECUs?)
        [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Originally posted by momento1 View Post
          thanks Gaz

im not sure they are random because when one coil loses spark iloses it for a period until you pull the coil out and then it kicks back in, but the missing spark shifts to another coil. Its like the ecu only wants to run on 4 cyl.

the rep from Haltech are coming to the party and are looking to rewrite the program as they believe it is an issue from their end (i.e the software on the ecu)

Maybe cause Audi engines are being difficult (i.e. not so simple like a jap engine) they have to tweak the software to accommodate.
          Hopefully should have the new code to upload on monday now...
          So what did you find out regarding the rotating cylinder misfire? Were you able to get the ecu running correctly?

Comment

Working...
          X