Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air intake temp and wiring

guys

quick question. can the ait be wired in any way. its 2 wire.

got power to my vems yesterday for first time in 5 years or so. same for sensors. it read ait at 25c. seemed too high to me. it never hardly gets that warm up north its like 8c out there now. to be honest never really paid much attention to it at this level before. need to check the vems profile for it but just thought id ask the question regarding wiring for factory s2 sensor first.

cheers

I think its just a thermistor, so shouldn't matter which way round its wired I don't think
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I believe there's a resistance vs temperaure graph on SJM and on S2central or s2-audi under the documentation downloads, as part of the general Audi manual.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Bingo

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...g/20vairt.html
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

034905379B G42 Air Intake Sensor Info

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
          I believe there's a resistance vs temperaure graph on SJM and on S2central or s2-audi under the documentation downloads, as part of the general Audi manual.
          There is lots of info in my 034905379B G42 Air Intake Sensor Info post too, including the graph:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20996.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

cheers guys

the setting profile in vems maybe out. i run 1.1.23rc code which is like maybe the first version to run auditrigger. alwasy had issues with updating firmware and it runs or ran last time fine for me, could be better at idle etc though. in anything theres always room for improvement.

Comment

I am NOT a VEMS person. I know very little about it (on purpose). That said, in the back of my mind, there is a voice that is saying "Doesn't VEMS want a 1.8T air temperature sensor that works in the opposite direction than the stock AAN/ABY/ADU air temperature sensor?". In fact, I am quite sure that there have been posts here on the S2Forum on that very same topic.
              Last edited by UrS4boy; 29 April 2015, 19:09.
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

no you can choose between the 2. different setup for either.

Comment

Working...
                X