Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bootloader upgrade for early VEMS genboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootloader upgrade for early VEMS genboard.

I have a problem uploading firmware newer than 1.2.20 which VEMS is no longer using
    hex type files and using uhex files instead.is there anyone here successfully upgraded on this stuffs?I'm one of the PC noob.I have read on the vem.hu

http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/general/bo...r_upgrade.html

I believe they assumed the users are supposed to have some computer competency but
    not me. if anyone can chime me in and explained me something about
    what's the avrdude program,how to key "avrdude -c usbtiny -p m128 -U lfuse:w:0x2f:m -U hfuse:w:0xc4:m -U efuse:w:0xff:m -U lock:w:0x3c:m" bla bla on the command prompt? it's even harder since it required some password from VEMS to grant the download authorization from VEMS.hu .

I already ordered the AVR-ISP Cable from VEMS.hu last night and i have read over 10+ times on the upper link pages. but i believe i did not have 100% insights from those computerized meanings.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

I did this about 6 months ago. Not that bad. Just closely follow the instructions. Remove ecu from car. Open it up and connect special lead to a connector. Type in instructions. Done.

Comment

Anyone got a cable to sell/loan ? could also do with a few question answering on the update

Cheers

Wayne
      RS 2 580HP

Comment

Working...
      X