VEMS random trigger loss issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEMS random trigger loss issue

i've been battling a problem that arose at random over the past week. the problem started with when i would rev the car it would randomly shut off like the ECU was shutting everything down. so after countless hours trying to diagnose the problem i cannot figure it out for the life of me. i have talked with marc on the problem a little and we cannot find any solution let alone the cause of the problem. i have replaced both crank sensors with ones off of my daily driver S6, put a brand new cam sensor on the car, swapped in another set of cam sensors from another parts engine, i have the crank home wires flipped at the plug rack on the fire wall, i made sure pin 48 on the motronic connector was grounded as another person suggested, i even removed my complete engine harness and went over it with a multimeter checking for breaks and all of this has brought no resolution to the problem. the car is an 84 4000s quattro with a full AAN swap by the way. last time i ran the car i had fuel pump failure and the car sat for a month till i bought a new bosch 044 pump for it. the only thing that has changed since it ran fine was the fuel pump. i have the pump wired to a relay and everything. i figured i could pick a few brains on here and see if anyone might have had this problem and found a solution.

Here's a few of the recent trigger logs in a ZIP file.
    Attached Files
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

well i got no replies but i figured the problem out anyhow so i figured i'd post what i did to resolve it. what i found was that i forgot to consolidate my grounds in my jumper harness that goes between the factory motronic connector and the VEMS econoseal connectors plus i forgot the ground on EC18 pin 17 so i added that in there too. The pins i grounded and tied together are 10-14-19-30-48 on the motronic connector. once those pins where all tied together and wired into the ground pins on the econoseal connectors everything works perfectly again. marc swanson was a big help with figuring this all out and i'd like to thank him again for getting through all the problems i've had with VEMS. keep up the good work marc!
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Working...
    X