vems ve table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vems ve table

Guys,what happens to the ve if the ve table doesnt have enough scale.....say the ve table goes to 2 bar and I hit 2.2 bar what ve values will I get if there off the scale??

Rescale the table?

Comment

Yes just about to start doing that,but what ve value is given when its off scale

Comment

probably the last number on the ve table i think so to lean
        maybe you can temporary fill in a safety limit based on rpm or boostpressure in vems
        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

Nick, that was my thoughts exactly...havent had chance to log it all as yet to see what lambda is...
          Can anyone share a pic of there ve table for comparison to mine,thanks

Comment

Also what are peoples opinion of the live ve analyzer,trust or not

Comment

Originally posted by cooperquattro View Post
              Also what are peoples opinion of the live ve analyzer,trust or not
              it uses the VE at the top of the table, but as long as you are still within the range of the map sensor it will inject more fuel (it does map multiplication).

In other words, a VE of 120 at 200 kpa will calculate a lower ms of injection than a VE of 120 at 250kpa.
              Marc Swanson
              Proprietor, EFI Express
              95.5 //S6 Avant
              90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
              93' //S4
              83' UrQ
              97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

So it uses the upper most ve to calculate a lower ve??

Comment

So it uses the upper most ve to calculate a lower ve??
                  huh?

it uses the topmost ve when you hit values beyond the table. an easier way to explain it is this: if the top of your table is 200kpa and you have 120 stuffed in there across the rpm band. lets say you hit 250kpa. Even if you re-structure the table so that you do have values for 250kpa if you fill the table with a VE of 120 across the rpm band at 250kpa its the same injector MS calculated at 250ka regardless of if you stopped the table at 200 kpa or 250kpa.

make sense now?
                  Marc Swanson
                  Proprietor, EFI Express
                  95.5 //S6 Avant
                  90' Coupe Quattro V8 4.2L twin turbo
                  93' //S4
                  83' UrQ
                  97' F250 7.3 diesel

Comment

here an example of a vems ve table (not mine)
                    Attached Files
                    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by a4kquattro View Post
                      huh?

it uses the topmost ve when you hit values beyond the table. an easier way to explain it is this: if the top of your table is 200kpa and you have 120 stuffed in there across the rpm band. lets say you hit 250kpa. Even if you re-structure the table so that you do have values for 250kpa if you fill the table with a VE of 120 across the rpm band at 250kpa its the same injector MS calculated at 250ka regardless of if you stopped the table at 200 kpa or 250kpa.

make sense now?
                      Ye got it now 😃

Comment

VEMS will calculate with the real MAP and RMP values the sensors can deliver... regardless how the table AXIS are limited... (like most ECUs do)

so the upper row of the table will be used to calculate on higher map readings

and the right cloumn will be used to calculate on higher revs

real trouble begins, when you hit the MAP Sensor limit because additional amount of air is not detected

f.e. we had to solder a 700kPa MAP sensor because our boost pressure in some applications is up to 480kPa...
                        [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                          here an example of a vems ve table (not mine)
                          Ye i got a table here,was curious to see what values and scale others had,just to compare,as I don't trust the tuner I had 5 years ago...my table seams to be running weak all across the board

Comment

Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                            VEMS will calculate with the real MAP and RMP values the sensors can deliver... regardless how the table AXIS are limited... (like most ECUs do)

so the upper row of the table will be used to calculate on higher map readings

and the right cloumn will be used to calculate on higher revs

real trouble begins, when you hit the MAP Sensor limit because additional amount of air is not detected

f.e. we had to solder a 700kPa MAP sensor because our boost pressure in some applications is up to 480kPa...
                            4800mbar? ? What is this on

Comment

Ye i got a table here,was curious to see what values and scale others had,just to compare,as I don't trust the tuner I had 5 years ago...my table seams to be running weak all across the board
                              you cant compare ve tables because every engine setup gives an other ve table!
                              if you have other injectors,injector settings,fuel pressure,compression ratio,............ gives this other numbers in the table

i have used "live ve analyser" in vems on my car and it work realy great
                              fill some data in,set live ve analyser active and take a drive on the road
                              you will see that some red numbers become green,it means that this part is programmed
                              but before you begin with this you need first a good lambda table
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                              X