suggestions on non stock MAF replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on non stock MAF replacement

looking for suggestions on a MAF replacement that's not stock as they are expensive and im not interested in a PRJ tune or anything he has to offer. i've been curious about the HFM 2 MAF from early VR6 as our hot wire style MAF's where used on early VR6's as well and than those cars where converted to the HFM 2 MAF. thought those might a semi plug and play replacement with a jumper harness. anyhow just entertaining idea's that dont involve software modifications but i can deal with hardware modifications.
    "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Well as you need to change the MAF transfer function in the ECU for a different MAF scale, you are kinda of wasting your time. Shame you snubbed the one guy who could probably help you.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

there used to be a few maf to map converters about. things like the smt 6

or go standalone.

can lugnuts help you. lugtronic? if your in the states

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Well as you need to change the MAF transfer function in the ECU for a different MAF scale, you are kinda of wasting your time. Shame you snubbed the one guy who could probably help you.
        i was talking with another audi guy who has done the hardware modifications and he said he would send me the info on what hardware needs to be changed to make it work. yes i am not interested in his solutions, this is true. i would sooner go out and buy another VEMS ECU before i paid for his solution. i was rubbed the wrong way in the beginning so i wont do business with people who turn their nose up at me. thanks for the input, you've always been good help.

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
        there used to be a few maf to map converters about. things like the smt 6

or go standalone.

can lugnuts help you. lugtronic? if your in the states
        i contacted those companies about the MAF converters and they seemed to claim that their products wont work with the URS for some odd reason. lugtronic is just VEMS in a package FYI. i have VEMS on my project car now that i bought from marc at EFI Express and if i decide to purchase another for my daily it will be from marc as well. thank you for the input though.
        "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

Out of curiosity. What is the price tag on a stock MAF (item number 0 986 280 137) in the US?

Comment

Potential Alternative to Bosch 0280213007 (aka 034133471K) AAN MAF = 0986280137

Up until recently, you could buy a remanned MAF as a 0986280137.

However, I just checked website and they are out of stock

http://www.carid.com/bosch/air-mass-...98295-bos.html

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I think Marc might be able to help you, I believe he works with Dmitri using some of his tools.
              Bottom line you need to change the software to do it correctly.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
              X