Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3b chips for k24 7400 or other tuning options ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b chips for k24 7400 or other tuning options ?

Hi there, I'm in the process of putting a k24 7400 with green giant injectors on my 3b engine.

I already hava FMIC and 2.5" catless exhaust system.

I'd like to know if there are existing chips for a setup including a k24 7400 on a 3b engine ? Paul's homefries or PRJ'S ?

I know there are for AAN's, but can't seem to find anything for 3b's.

If there's nothing out there, what could be my options to properly tune my car after the mods ?

I know the VEMS of this world but I don't have 1400 USD right now to spend on that (which is like almost 2000$ Canadian nowadays !!!).

-Anyone knows how to make magasquirt work ?

especially since they have this :

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...assembled-kit/

-Other options ? piggyback Ecumaster DET3 perhaps ?

http://ecumasterusa.com/shop/digital-ecu-tuner-3-4-bar/

Cheers

porkkis on here
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Thanks!

I'll try him

Comment

Marc at efiexpress can help you semi-locally as well.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Chips

Originally posted by prj View Post
          Marc at efiexpress can help you semi-locally as well.
          PRJ.
          Can you still supply chips for the 7400 over this side of the pond, and if so what kind of price would they be? I've got two turbos to try, a Hoffer special with K26 hotside and RS2 coldside which i've got high boost chips for, however the other is a 7400 but no chips as yet, this is for ABY ECU.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks PRJ,

I'll try Marc also.

Cheers

Comment

Did you ever find a tuner? I recently bought the same turbo. I emailed efi express today, but thought id ask what you found.

Comment

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Yes i bought chips off Paul Nugent " S2Central" for the 7400. Not tried them yet as i'm still playing about with the RS2 Turbo and both TS Tuning and V Stream chipsets. Looking forward to trying the 7400 to see how it compares against the 7200.

The 7200 is not as laggy as i thought it was going to be so will get used to it over the next year before i swap turbos. All good fun.

Cheers
                Last edited by gmac78; 7 October 2016, 17:59.

Comment

This is good to know. I will shoot him a PM, on the off chance you want me to do some product verification testing I can provide my address

Thanks,

-Josh C.

Comment

Well yes and no. Mark has something for the AAN ECU. I'll probably do a pin swap converter for the ECU and go coil packs to have an AAN ECU set up (with hall sender as cam sensor). My brother has the varimap from 034 (for the AAN) ... So I'll try to figure out something with that ... In the end, I think I'll try to run the megasquirt with a 60-2 toothed gear on the crank pulley (beautifully built and cheap from Thuppu on here). BTW VEMS was built on Megasquirt and I don't know why not more people have worked with it on here. It is cheap and versatile and has a T55 pnp in it. But needs a 60-2 toothed gear either at the crank pulley or seal.

Frankly, I'd may be go with something like this : http://www.k-data.org/kdfi-1-4-basic.html
                    and fit it in a AAN enclosure.

I have a bunch of ECU enclosures with Motronic T55 ecu connectors but are smaller in width. The idea is to fit the Megasquirt in it. Bought them in china (they seemingly have a car there with the motronic T55 connector !). If you want one, I can ship you one or direct you to one ...

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The way I see it I will either go with a homefries ecu if Paul responds, or end up buying the bullet and going VEMS over the winter.

I just don't know if I'm ready to add the COP additions/ modifications to my current scope.

We will just have to see what washes out in the next few weeks.

Thanks a ton for the replies guys. Good insight in the event my plans are foiled.

Comment

No problem.

FYI, no homefries for the 7400

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
                          Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Yes i bought chips off Paul Nugent " S2Central" for the 7400.
                          Cheers

Are these no longer available then? That would pretty much make my decision for me.

Comment

I think this is for ABY (this is what gmac was referring to) ... which is similar to AAN due, in part, to coil packs... There were no homefries chips for made 3b with 7400 as far as I'm concerned ... or any chips for 3b with 7400 (hence the initial question of this thread).

Cheers

Comment

Ah, I see now. Looks like I have some decisions to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X