Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Alone ECU Options

Hi

I'm far from being an expert on anything specially ECU's i've got a Vipec V44 in one of my other cars but that's a different story.

Right i can get hold of the Haltech ECU's at cut prices,i've also been talking to a guy who is putting a Megasquit system on his Quattro of some sort & the ones i've seen mostly on here is the VEM's.

I don't want to be spending what i spent on the vipec nor do i want to be spending over a bag of sand it will be going to automark for the tuning ect

Any help appreciated

Regards Neal

Strange question... but if it's being mapped by Automark, why wouldn't you ask him what he suggests is best for both of you ..?
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

speak to mark

Although when I spoke to mark years ago he scoffed at the idea of going standalone and said everything I need is within the standard ecu, he has a point.

Suppose it boils down to if your a fiddler or not?
      The ONLY S2 Golf!
      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
      10.42@138mph
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Hi

If you want to use the original trigger wheel setup (2 VR sensor for crankshaft position) I think you have 3 option: VEMS, Tatech, 034EFI

Best regards
        Qgli

Comment

agree with gnutz, fiddler or not?

also tuning experience/willing to do DIY.

for me the 2 major advantages of standalone are DIY and changes.

if you cant map motronic it can be a lengthy and costly upgrade path if you change parts or boost levels bit by bit

Comment

This is why I chose the MaxxECU.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              I am also going down this route. Ive never heard a negative about maxxecu would be great to hear feedback from you about this too alex.

JP runs this on his car too,and gave good views about its functions and was convinced this was the ECU for me

Comment

What about VEMS? Is it worth it for a home tuner?

Comment

Vems seems good to me. I have bought a second vems setup for my urq I'm so happy with the Urs4.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well me not being an expert like absolutely everybody on here i just assumed when fine tuning a stand alone ecu would be needed like my legnum which has a vipec v44 so excuse the thickness.

I've emailed Automark a couple of times but haven't received a reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Can't fault my maxxecu and I love the dash logger lets me change maps from 1 bar boost 1.6 bar and 2 bar by sliding my finger across the screen .

Comment

Hey Neal, can you put me in contact with the person who runs Megasquirt ? I'll mostly go that way myself. Though I'd like to keep the original 2xVR's on the flywheel and not have to have the hassle of installing a trigger wheel.

On anothet subject, anyone know of piggyback alternatives ?!? i.e. Ecumaster DET3 ?

Also, Neal, how much for the 040 pump

Comment

There's no point putting a standalone on a stock s2,motronic will support all you need,automark will tune the motronic for you

Comment

Working...
                          X