VEMS in AAN with 2.8 30V throttlebody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEMS in AAN with 2.8 30V throttlebody

Has anyone tried to make VEMS work with newer style throttlebody with build in idle motor? I have throttlebody in shelf from my other project wich is from 2.8 30V ACK. It has separate motor inside throttle to operate throttle to make idle work. There is also 2 position sensors and idle switch, so that part should work easy, but what i have to do to make idle work?
    My AAN idle valve sometimes gets stuck shut and have to tap it little to get it unstuck. Its becoming pretty frequent now and it is getting annoying no not have idle at all. Hard to make stop uphill and leave from there when you have to use 3 pedals at once
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mehtala; 19 June 2016, 15:55.

Originally posted by Mehtala View Post
    Has anyone tried to make VEMS work with newer style throttlebody with build in idle motor? I have throttlebody in shelf from my other project wich is from 2.8 30V ACK. It has separate motor inside throttle to operate throttle to make idle work. There is also 2 position sensors and idle switch, so that part should work easy, but what i have to do to make idle work?
    My AAN idle valve sometimes gets stuck shut and have to tap it little to get it unstuck. Its becoming pretty frequent now and it is getting annoying no not have idle at all. Hard to make stop uphill and leave from there when you have to use 3 pedals at once
    Why not just get a new idle valve? They are still available from Bosch.

Comment

Because throttlebody is free and idle valve is like left kidney + money... And with idle valve removed from enginebay, it looks bit cleaner.

Comment

i use ignition based idle control with vems
        works great,only on cold weather you dont have a higher rpm with cold engine
        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

Any tips how to setup ignition based idle?

Comment

Working...
          X