Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map sensor cuestion (motronic manegement)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map sensor cuestion (motronic manegement)

Hello to everybody!
    I know that this section is for aftermarket engine management,but the story is about motronic.And maybe I have also the answer.Or may be I am wrong.Need my 5 cylinder forum family help.
    My car is an S2 Avant with stock engine.I have a friend in germany which make me a present.ECU (with same part number as mine but it came of from urs4 or urs6,dont rememeber) and two sets of chips.One set is from Erdal (Evos tuning) and the other set is from...somebody,no idea.Both chips are stage 1.So,plug in this ECU happens next not normal things.Engine idling rough and not stable,black exhaust smoke,idling boost gauge says zero,I swear I hear turbocharger spooling and if I try to rev a little bit,engine dies.Same result with two sets of eproms.My friend has no idea about the issue couse he has not run this ECU.
    Inside motronic is socketed platform for eproms and 300kpa map sensor installed.
    The cuestion is.Map sensor could be the problem of my engine running issues?I imagine for stage 1 there is no need for 300kpa map sensor to any tuner.And in some point this ECU had more agressive tune,not stage 1?

Thenk you.
    Last edited by Dima ABY; 29 November 2016, 23:26.

G71 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor information

Click on the G71 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sender label in this diagram to learn more:

http://members.shaw.ca/ajmills/UrS%2...ice%20Map.html

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thenk you Sir.
      I read all diagrams time before.But reading them now one more time about map, now I know my eproms are known as stage 1+ and 300kpa is necesary.
      I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dima ABY View Post
        Thank you Sir.
        I read all diagrams time before.But reading them now one more time about map, now I know my eproms are known as stage 1+ and 300kpa is necesary.
        I was wrong.
        Stage 1 = 250 kPa MAP sensor

Stage 1+, Stage 2, Stage 3 = 300 kPa MAP sensor.

Comment

The easiest fix is not to run unknown software
          Could be any number of problems.
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            The easiest fix is not to run unknown software
            Could be any number of problems.
            Yes ofcourse.
            As I said one is from Evos tuning.Erdal is well known tuner in Germany.Had his softwere on my A4 1,8t.I made 70k km with no issues.No intention to run unknown one.

Comment

But do you know what setup the tune is for? Which injectors etc? Just because it is a known brand doesn't mean it will just work with your setup
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

No.I only know that is 280 hp setup.And I suposed that it is for stock components.

Comment

Originally posted by Dima ABY View Post
                  No.I only know that is 280 hp setup.And I suposed that it is for stock components.
                  If that is true, "280" hp typically meant that a 300 kPa MAP sensor was required.\

Comment

But 3bar map will not make engien run lumpy.

What error codes do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
                      But 3bar map will not make engien run lumpy.

What error codes do you get?
                      Right now I can not tell what Ecu says.My china vagcom died.
                      Mybe worth a try other set of eproms?Dimitri didnt answer.Ho have stage 1+ eproms for sale?

Comment

You can't read ecu map sensor through vagcom/vcds on these ECUs with stock software (whether it's a stock tune or tuned stage X). It needs custom software inside the ecu to be able to read the map sensor out from the diagnostics bus. I know a few guys who can accomplish this but I see no reason to do that with stock diag protocol (too low sample rate).

For the original problem: Have you done a pressure test? If you're running +-0 bar at idle, there's something mechanically wrong with your setup. How did you measure that? And if it's a set of chips or a particular ecu that makes your car idle bad, just trash the chips or box. Start with 100% working stock ecu, then change to chips that you know what they do and are tuned for your setup.

Comment

I understand that its not possible read map.Pasbogdan I think means that with samle fault codes you can determine the issue.
                          Pressure test?Do you mean peak boost or Leak test?Well, I will answer both cuestions.Car is boost leak free and peak boost I have no idea.Car stalling when accelerate.Car has VDO boost gauge installed.
                          In perfect world,yes.Making upgrade to my stock ecu is the way.But I wanted to keep it unopened.

Comment

What Kymi is saying is that if your car runs well on the stock ECU, then the other ECU/chips you have bought has a fault. Maybe it is the MAP sensor... maybe it is 1 million other things. Until someone looks at the software then you are just guessing. This is why you should only use known, proven software with the correct hardware. HTH
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

YES,YES,YES.MY car runs perfect on my unopened stock ECU.Error,sure Im guessing.The problem is interesting for me,not your case.Couse its not happening to you.
                              Thenk you anyway for your argument.
                              Will try to upload the video.Just to show how my engine have a good time,drunk of 98 octane and with the other brain.
                              Cheers and hugs!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X