No announcement yet.

Vems AAN 3071r Tune w/wtr meth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the same here,ignition based idle control with 1000 rpm on idle,only cold start is low for 2 minutes
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

If your car stalls after a few months of the idle valve being 'tuned' then either the valve was bad or the tune was. Realistically no tuner will spend hours on the idle. It most certainly fall on to the owner to do it.
      Myself I have spent countless hours with it, and now the only time it stalls is on either high electrical load while braking or with the aircon on on occasion. This again can be dealt with, or now vems has come out with a setting that does require some hardware mod, to enable the idle speed to rise every time the aircon kicks in.

There a very nice stepwise approach to it and if you follow it you can get it right and bypass my countless hours when this wasn't available

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        If your car stalls after a few months of the idle valve being 'tuned' then either the valve was bad or the tune was. Realistically no tuner will spend hours on the idle. It most certainly fall on to the owner to do it.
        Myself I have spent countless hours with it, and now the only time it stalls is on either high electrical load while braking or with the aircon on on occasion. This again can be dealt with, or now vems has come out with a setting that does require some hardware mod, to enable the idle speed to rise every time the aircon kicks in.

There a very nice stepwise approach to it and if you follow it you can get it right and bypass my countless hours when this wasn't available

Stalling is not acceptable in any circumstances in my opinion. And just like you told, as you still have stalling problems, it's propably impossible to get the ISV tuned perfect in VEMS. I personally don't have the time or interest to use countless of hours to get the idle controlled by the ISV properly when you can set up the ignition control in about 2min.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

For the record, motronic also stalled quite often. Does your car have air con? If not then it would never stall with vems and isv valve

Comment

Yep, it's got a/c. I think I'll stick with the iac disabled and timing based idle. Seem to be more predictable when ambient temp changes from 3C to 35C in one day. Plus it's driven daily so stalling would just get too irritating. What are you guys running for timing around idle?

Comment

That question is irrelevant if you are running timing based idle. Your idle timing should be whatever it needs so that it holds the idle you wish

Comment

I think he wants a broad baseline for timing at desired rpm - i.e. a starting point. Obviously if you start with timing advanced beyond MBT then you have nowhere to go if there engine needs to produce more torque to hold idle, and vice-versa
                10deg BTDC is a reasonable starting point, you should have some range for control around there - you can always adjust your closed throttle for more / less air if required
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I use vems with iac and timing at the same time. I have great idle at 900 rpm. Just when starting air con do rpm drop and sometimes take a little while to pick up.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

is there no AC-on switch on VEMS?
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

There is now. Is there on maxx?

Comment

Yarp
                        I thought I saw you post about the idle switch in VEMS but I couldn't remember I don't know anything about it
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Outputs are there on vems, as in all ecu. Vems sees the ac on pin 41. Question is can it do anything about it. Up until recently this wasn't managed. However now there is a specific table that you can adjust the idle speed to your liking once ac kicks in.

Looking at maxx features there are outputs there to configure anything you want to, similar to vems. Does the software allow isv adjustment through those outputs ?

Comment

Well, Maxx just works out of the box, so minimum need to adjust the idle. At least on my setup. You can't never ever compare Vems and Maxx, they are just not on the same level at any point. But after all I'm plesed with my 80q Vems setup.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

the idle is sensitive when you always see the 70-80C MAT in traffic(the car with A/C system working).I have been playing with this thing since the day 1 of VEMS on my car. Admittedly it's the hardest parts to me.
                              you need to tweak a numerous things on Vemstune just trial and error.you need to mods some hardwares to help your idle.first thing first you need to be setting up your N80 provision(Thanks Dace Voit aka UrSobsessed on QW).
                              It's not possible to get your good idle without this mods,get the correct injector latency,spending you time with Idle PID setting page,Refpos for MAT slope,idle reference curve(Duty cycle);
                              it's not as good as with motronic but I never had engine stalled or low and erratic idle once the MAT went up(and shoot up once MAT gets lowered) like the old day.
                              one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies, there's always something new to grasp about Vems and different perspectives definitely opened my eyes for somethings I've been missing.

Yea I was looking for a base timing at idle, just to reassure me that I'm on the right track. It totally makes sense that ign based idle would alter that.

Totally agree on the N80 mod, one of the first things I did, but recently I discovered a second part to that mod. So for me I was experiencing hard starting when engine cold but ambient temp high, and intermittent dieseling when shutting engine off. So what I did I was swap out the oem aan N80 for a newer version found in the B7 A4 2.0L, the main reason for this is, Oem aan is normally open, power supplied to it closes valve and B7A4 is normally closed power supplied opens it. I have yet to connect it electrically due to the programming required but both symptoms have been corrected. (Help for programming it would be greatly appreciated)

I've also been trying low speed fan on (A/c fan) all the time, to help underhood and iats in traffic seems to max around 45C if heavy idled light traffic around 38C. I'm running a 16" electric fan so no mechanical fan clutch fan

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X