Will S4(till 1997) rear brakes fit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will S4(till 1997) rear brakes fit ?

The russian s/rs2 service just offered new rear brake upgrade. But it's for S4. Will this fit out rears ?

Rear Brakes

Dunno about the price , need to define if it will fit first.
    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Wish I could speak Rusky to translate it :-( looks very interesting!
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

have a look at the 'audi wallpapers' page in sweepers link,
      some nice pics at the bottom of sport quattro engine/drivetrain in
      some sort of museum.....mmmmm

Comment

@Sweeper -

NO - The UrS4 rear discs have the wrong hat-height to use on the S2. BTDT !

However it is my belief that the UrS4 rear calipers can be used with the A3 front disc conversion as done by MarkH on the rear of his car (he used lighter calipers from S8 but I think dimensions are same).

I have the UrS4 rear calipers waiting for the day I get time to prove the theory

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hi

I have used A3 Tdi 280mm disc on the rear, disc dia reduced to 269 and center hole increased to don't remember....
          I used S4/s6 caliper saddle, and stock caliper, bolt on with 1mm shim.
          I can post some pics if interested.
          My father owns a machine shop, so I can make any parts I need
          3B->AAN converted to ADU, porsche 314mm front, 269 vented rear brakes S6

Comment

Steffen

Sorry to go off topic, but I like your avatar. Nice subtle smilies in the wheels!
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

UrS4 and S2 have different offsets for rear discs, but Porsche offsets are totally different to UrS4 especially because you have to fit brake drums inside them for parking brake.

The only thing needed is a different set of caliper carriers adapted to S2 configuration.

If offset are too big you could always use brembo sport version of Mercedes CLK 430 rotors (300x28x46mm with 5x112mm bolt circle).

If anyone knows how to do this or where to get these parts (metal disc to fit the caliper carrier) please reply me.

94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

If anyone could get their hands on some cheap porsche rear caliper, I will be glad to machine the adapter to make it work. Then use the stock, or a smaller VAG stock caliper for handbrake.
                I've been looking on Ebay for several months now for rear porsche calipers.
                3B->AAN converted to ADU, porsche 314mm front, 269 vented rear brakes S6

Comment

Working...
                X