• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a list of all the RS2/porsche caliper bits:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9177
    formally RS2 +

Comment

The 993TT callipers aren't exactly direct bolt on. IIRC the 993 has leading callipers, so the fluid crossover pipes and bleed screws need swapping.
      SS

Comment

i heard that if u buy seat cupra r brackets ..... all u need to do is machine one of the sides down a few mm ..... they bolt on 996 calipers straight on ...... sorted and they r cheap too

Comment

I not sure if we're helping Ross here. I don't think Seat carriers will do it somehow.
          SS

Comment

nope the problem is with the caliper mounting bolt spacing - something the Seat brackets would do nothing to help.

As said, these are 996 turbo or early GT3 calipers and will need custom brackets made to suit the disks you choose.

A8 disks are also not going to be ideal as they're so much thinner than the intended disks for those calipers. Problem arises when you'd have worn pads and disks, everything'd be beyond its designed usage parameters. I'd suggest going something larger again perhaps custom bells with AP disks........

Very nice kit - just not a particularly cheap upgrade route (like the std 996 monoblocs).

Comment

You know where there are several pairs of 996 front calipers in BLACK
              I can take the GT3s off you aswell, if that helps.
              You need big brakes up front to have Porsche rears :mischeif:
              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Am off on holiday for a few days. Cheers for all your help so far. Looking forward to catching up on it when I get back.

Comment

Working...
                X