Braided brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided brake lines

I'm wanting to get some new braided brake lines made up to go from the front strut to my 968CS calipers.

Anyone know of a company who can make them up to the right length for me in the Richmond/ Twickenham area?
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

cant you use an rs2 hardline to the strut and then just replace the flexi hose with a braided one?
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I don't know!
      At the moment I have braided SS flexihoses all round, except from strut to caliper...

Comment

i'd guess with the 968cs being about as close to the rs2 caliper as u can be the hardline to the back of the strut would be ideal
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

ok cool - anyone know where I can get these from, or should I just phone VAG Parts?!

Comment

i got mine (due to needing them quickly) from audi, otherwise it would have been through vagparts, i think drivers side was £6 and passenger side £5.50 if you want I'll dig the part numbers out.

Cheers
            David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Quite cheap then - do they come with the fittings too? Was planning to change the pipes and do a fluid change at the same time- get me some more ATE Super off fleabay I think, get the red coloured stuff this time...

Comment

yes complete with the olives and the rubber o ring to fit into the bracket on the base of the strut where the caliper flexi line was. The other end will just screw into the braided line you already have if its an M10x1 femail end?
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                  get me some more ATE Super off fleabay I think, get the red coloured stuff this time...
                  Hey Dan, I may use this stuff next fluid change. I take it that it's best to change it once a year.
                  Just called my local EuroParts, they can apparently do ATE Racing Blue for just over £12 a litre (inc. vat), though not a stock item, it has to come from the main depot.
                  A good price?

Comment

Hi pete
                    I bought 2 litres of the stuff off ebay last Christmas for £12 inculding delivery from the US as the exchange rate was so good last year, have a look on there.

I think the ATE Super fluid is very good indeed, I had no problems with fluid boil on track last summer. The fact that they do it in two colours to make bleeding easy is nice too - Blue, and Red. I change brake fluid every 12 months yes. I use the Gunsons Ezibleed, quite an easy procedure.

@ David - confused now, when you say the hardline screws in to my existing hose, surely it goes in to the caliper body as I'm trying to replace the flexihose completely? I have a run of rubber flexihose that goes in to a short piece of hardline with a right-angle turn on the end before that screws in to the female socket in the caliper?

Comment

Sweet!, cheers mate.

Comment

@ Pete - no problem!

Comment

yeah correct, screws into the side of the caliper at one end and replaces both the flexi from the caliper and little right angle hardline. So then you need to screw into the existing top hose (coming off the car body) which i think you say is a braided one.....hope that make a bit more sense.
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Yep, I get it now, great! I'll order up a pair and see how I get on...

Comment

Are these the right ones? Concerned that in the description it says "for big reds" but in the main title it just says "RS2?" This is from VAGParts's on-line shop...

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onean...dex.shopscript

Comment

Working...
                              X