No announcement yet.

Big Red I up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was under the impression that the RS2 Calipers were an inferior design to say the 996 / Boxter / 968 type caliper though??
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

968 caliper is the same construction as the RS2 type, ie 2 piece. My advice would eb to use mono's only. 996/986 and Cayenne or if money is no object Carerra GT 8 pots
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

It was 996's I meant then....

Thanks Corey.

The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Fat Audi 80 in mod shocker???

Next Audiman will win Yeovils tallest man competition

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
            Bry do you make the brackets or are they RS2 or Seat ones milled?
            All of the above depending upon customer requirements

@ Steve, because you are Mr OEM, I thought you may like OEM Audi brakes.
            Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
            England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
              Fat Audi 80 in mod shocker???

Next Audiman will win Yeovils tallest man competition
              Now Now, stop spoiling Andy's thread with school boy humour....

I just don't think I can stand another year of the brakes fading halfway round the Wallingford ring road.... ('about 4 roundabouts..... )

It is really hurting even thinking about modifying my baby....
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Would you like to modify it with some greatly improved anchors, or a mashed in front-end if you run out of braking distance ?

I'm one to talk - I've had a set of black 996 monoblocks, RS2 carriers and hardlines sitting in a box for firkin months now. Just can't seem to find the time or energy for the job. Guess when I finally buy some discs and pads then I'll see the light.

Talking of which - I haven't even bothered to find out what the recommended pads are. I guess Pagid, EBC, Ferodo and the usual suspects have a suitable range of pads - just dunno which ones folk have tried... D'oh

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                  Talking of which - I haven't even bothered to find out what the recommended pads are. I guess Pagid, EBC, Ferodo and the usual suspects have a suitable range of pads - just dunno which ones folk have tried... D'oh
                  Genuine Audi discs and Textar pads, or EBC reds if your going tack day hunting!!!
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

Working...
                  X