Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferodo Pads for RS 2 ?

Hi,
    I am upgrading to the Big Reds on my RS 2, and it seems ( from searching thro' previous posts ) that the Ferodo DS 2500 are the pads to have ! Circuit supplies put me in touch with the Ferodo agent in Ireland, who told me the size of the pad thet have listed is 132 mm L x 52 mm W approx. This seems to be the pad for the standard brakes on the RS 2 ! Has anyone btdt and / or have the part nr.'s for the pads for the Big Red front callipers and the pads for the rear callipers please ?

Regards,
    John Byrne

have a look here
    Attached Files
    94 s2 avant
    aoc member 1116

Comment

sorry miss read it thought you wanted the caliper part numbers
      94 s2 avant
      aoc member 1116

Comment

Originally posted by bigboot
        Hi,
        I am upgrading to the Big Reds on my RS 2, and it seems ( from searching thro' previous posts ) that the Ferodo DS 2500 are the pads to have ! Circuit supplies put me in touch with the Ferodo agent in Ireland, who told me the size of the pad thet have listed is 132 mm L x 52 mm W approx. This seems to be the pad for the standard brakes on the RS 2 ! Has anyone btdt and / or have the part nr.'s for the pads for the Big Red front callipers and the pads for the rear callipers please ?

Regards,
        John Byrne
        Hi!

Try cross referencing with the pads for the 993tt or 928GTS for the front set. Not sure what advantage using those compound pads on the rear would have!

Comment

When I upgraded to big reds and DS2500's I got the pads from Demon Tweeks, I ordered the FCP891H front pads from the Porsche 993tt catalouge/list and they fitted fine.

In regards to the rear pads the Ferodo DS2500 part number FCP541H in their catalouge/list is wrong. Although listed as correct for RS2 rear pads, they are not, they are too small and don't fit. Both Demon Tweaks and Motorsport World, use Ferodo's info and list the RS2 pads as FCP541H and as a result i got the wrong pads. Very annoying. I never found out what the proper code was for the rear RS2 DS2500's as I needed replacement pads quickly and so ended up with Textars, which where the only pads available locally. Let me know if you find the right ones.

Angus

p.s. The DS2500 pad compound is signified by the FCP code opposed to the FDS code which signifies a different compound.
          formally RS2 +

Comment

Working...
          X