Ferrodo DS2500 pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrodo DS2500 pads?

Just bought a set of these as my Red stuffs had worn out. The DS2500 are damn good. Gave them a good bedding in as per the instructions, which is basically get them hot and then cool back down. They work very well from cold and need no warming up. Dearer than the EBC offering, these cost me £72inc VAT and del. Got a nice trade discount.

Will give a bit more feedback when i have had the chance to 'test' them out. Never broken a brake pad. YET
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

yep - got them in my porker calipers too .... £150 a set but love 'em ....

.....apart from the squealing from 5mph down. everyone thinks you got them from the pound shop

Comment

I got the noise, went after a good 'bedding' in session!!!
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Lucky boys - they state that they are available for us guys with the original calipers - THEY DON'T FIT!!!!!!! regardless of what it says on the box

I had to revert back to a Mintex M1144 pad instead which is pretty good but those are supposed to be the dogs....roll on porker calipers!

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Audiman, you got the part number for them? Just sent them back cause they dont fit.

Cheers Chris
          Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Chris - Tom (audiman) has a Hi-Spec brake upgrade kit fitted so again, those ferodos aint gonna be the ones for standard calipers..... sorry!

Comment

Chris - did you not see what I wrote - they dont fit the standard calipers

David
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

DS2500 are the nuts. Great fast road and track pad. They weren't complaining recently when my disks were going a really nice shade of blue too due to mental temps (well over 700degC).

If they fit whatever calipers people are running they are definately worth the extra cash. 190 quid for my 6pots though!!! Ouch! That's the kind of prices that puts mods on hold!
                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
                X