RS2 rear calipers + front S2 disks on rear axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 rear calipers + front S2 disks on rear axle

I'm fronting the same problem as Mark. There rear brakes "look" like they came straight of a Nissan Micra
    So it's time do fit some proper rear brakes. I still got a pair of original rear RS2 calipers on my desk (don't know from what type porsche they came of)
    The original rear disks from the RS2 were 299 x 24 mm. S2 front disks are 276 x 25 mm. So maybe the RS2 calipers will accomodate the S2 disks? Then there is a possibility to get A6 2.8 quattro disks (288 x 25)
    The calipers has the same mounting points as the original S2 calipers. If i can find a disk with the same offset then i can mount it one on one, if not maybe a nice bracket/adapter will do.

Has anybody seen this upgrade on a S2?
    I don't know exactly how the disk is attached to the hub-bearing. Can any body get me an explanation on that?

Then there is another "problem" The handbrake. I figured that a hydrolic hand brake will do (rally Fly off style). Make a small brake pressure cilinder underneath the handbrake with some brackets. Then cut the brake line to the rear axle, let it pass through the brake cilinder and furthr on to the rear axle again. So then I can get rid of the rusty, eaten by salt, cables and get a better functioning handbrake. And proceed my journey watching through the side windows

Cheers
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

you can put 269 or 280 mm rear disk with out big modifications.. look to Etka if you want big disk ...
    God forgives...... Me not....

and

If you disturbs the dog...
    It will puff out you the hand !!!

Pitbull Proverb

Comment

If you need I still have the original 299mm RS2 rear rotors for a low price.

Shiny and drilled . And new. Woohoo. But they are 5x130 ??? Have Porchse hubs. So I think should be redrilled then ?
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Re: RS2 rear calipers + front S2 disks on rear axle

[QUOTE]

So it's time do fit some proper rear brakes. I still got a pair of original rear RS2 calipers on my desk (don't know from what type porsche they came of)
        The original rear disks from the RS2 were 299 x 24 mm. S2 front disks are 276 x 25 mm. So maybe the RS2 calipers will accomodate the S2 disks? Then there is a possibility to get A6 2.8 quattro disks (288 x 25)
        The calipers has the same mounting points as the original S2 calipers. If i can find a disk with the same offset then i can mount it one on one, if not maybe a nice bracket/adapter will do.

Has anybody seen this upgrade on a S2?
        I don't know exactly how the disk is attached to the hub-bearing. Can any body get me an explanation on that?

Then there is another "problem" The handbrake. I figured that a hydrolic hand brake will do (rally Fly off style). Make a small brake pressure cilinder underneath the handbrake with some brackets. Then cut the brake line to the rear axle, let it pass through the brake cilinder and furthr on to the rear axle again. So then I can get rid of the rusty, eaten by salt, cables and get a better functioning handbrake. And proceed my journey watching through the side windows

/QUOTE]

I am going another route using RS4 rear calipers. The have the same parking brake system as the original S2. They take the standard Audi brackets for the S4. I need to lengthen the cables about 2 inches.

Tommy Arnberg of the 20V Kruemmer list has done this mod and has it well documented with pics, specs, part no.s, etc. I suggest you take a look.

Rich

Comment

Working...
        X