The bombs all wrong dude!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bombs all wrong dude!!!

ok ....I got the new bomb (hydraulic pressure accumulator!) today..and its the ferking wrong one

My original one is on the right in all the pictures....

Spot the difference!!!

Olds ones got a square nexk so teh plastic bracket still on it wont fit the new one properly....

Old ones high pressure outlet is 8mm...new one is 10mm diameter meaning high presure hose wont fit...

and top iinlet/outlet is different shape/size so Im not sure if original hose wil fit

Does anyone know whats going on here.

Vagparts "seemed" confident it would fit a 3b...

is this a "new" style one?? meaning I have to replace all that stuff or what...

Going to ring asap but until then any ideas folks

The one with the rounder top is the newer style one i think the squarer top is the older type, at least you should be able to get the part no off the old one now!!

Iain

Comment

The unit that you have been supplied with is for cars built up to the end of October 1989. You need part number 4A0 612 061D for your car as S2 coupe's did not start production until Semtember 1990
      S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Yeah, the new one looks a lot like the one I fitted to the RR a couple of years back.

Comment

Is it possible to swap plastic thingys ? "Bomb" is relatively dumb device (not depends on the car), and if the pressure part thread is same - I don't see big problem here.

Sau
          200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
          CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Can you post a link to where you got yours and how much did it cost?

Vladimir
            Audi S2 Coupe mods: grinning driver

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw
              Is it possible to swap plastic thingys ? "Bomb" is relatively dumb device (not depends on the car), and if the pressure part thread is same - I don't see big problem here.

Sau
              NO. and Thanks to Audiman too
              I have spoke to vagparts and they are swapping it FOC.
              The top of this bomb is square...my new one is round!! bracket will NOT fit no matter what..

Also, the pressure hose thread is totally different....
              8mm on my old one and 10mm on this new one...

They are basically totally different and it will be too much hassle to try and make it fit....

Comment

Originally posted by vprelovac
                Can you post a link to where you got yours and how much did it cost?

Vladimir
                Volkswagen Audi Genuine Parts Ltd
                Unit 28 Pembroke Centre - Cheney Manor Estate
                Swindon . Wiltshire . UK. SN2 2PQ
                Phone: +44 01793 487700
                Fax: +44 01793 487701

Give them a ring mate. They can supply you with what you need

Oh Yeah...Cost.... £201 including shipping

Comment

www.034efi.com now have a vacum option for replacing bomb , maybe anyone willing to change :> ?
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Sweeper, how does it generate vacuum? I wonder how there is enough space to fit a vacuum servo on the bulk head. Is there more room on a LHD? Sounds interesting though.

Servo must also be a nightmare to remove, I think you need to remove the whole dash from what I can see...

Comment

Working...
                    X