Hydraulic pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic pump question

Since the hydraulic pump in my RR has two circuits,brakes and steering,is it common for the brake circuit to lose pumping pressure with age before the steering circuit?I ask because I have been chasing a brake power problem for a while and it does not appear to be the bomb or the servo.The pump is not overly noisy and the steering is fine.
    Rex

I guess you have throughly bled the fluid & changed it? have you also check the master cylinder?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I have fitted a new master cylinder and bled the system with new dot 5.1 fluid.At high speed,the brakes work very well (Porsche Boxster conversion) but at low speed after a thrash they can feel totally useless!

Comment

what pads are you using?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Im using the standard Porsche pads.They could be the problem I surpose,but the brakes used to work fine at any speed.There is definitly a pressure problem with the hydraulics,the red light comes on after a few pumps of the pedal but the bomb and servo have been replaced.Im getting the car ready for MOT/DVLA etc after bringing it over from NZ and want everything right.

Comment

I'd lay my suspicions on the hydraulic pump. Sounds like it's having a hard time keeping up the pressure charge demand.
            Unless your new accumulator is faulty! (doubtful, but worth checking out maybe).

If you've not used the car for a few days does the light stay on for a couple of mins when first starting?

Comment

Working...
            X