996 Turbo brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 996 Turbo brakes

So, tried searching but I didn't find what I was looking for. So, I'll post...

I found a pair of 996 Turbo calipers at a decent price. Now, are these calipers the same as the early GT3? The large 4 pots? I sort of seem to remember that there were "no" good pads avaliable for these calipers? True? The problem was apperently that they have a sweep height that is larger that the 996 calipers and there were no pads that were usable. So, if the choice was between these calipers, 996 turb that is and 993TT and 996C's - what do I do? I actually believe that the 996 Turbo calipers are cheaper than the others - why is that? Are they no good? I also found a pair of Cayenne calipers - can I use therear ones? I mean, the fronts are just too massive - will they even fit behind 18" wheels? Anyway, the rears seem to be just like the 996C fronts so they should work. Oh, yeah, they are radial mount but that shouln't be a problem... Or is it?

Getting my GT3 Mk1 / 996 Turbo calipers fitted to my RS2 tomorrow. Using standard Textar pads on 965 discs.

See if Corey picks up on this, he's making the adaptors....
    Shirish

RS2 Polar Silver

Comment

Ihave it to fit in my S2!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirish
        Getting my GT3 Mk1 / 996 Turbo calipers fitted to my RS2 tomorrow. Using standard Textar pads on 965 discs.

See if Corey picks up on this, he's making the adaptors....
        The front GT3's can easily be made to fit but it requires a custom bracket and needs 17" wheels minimum because of the required disc diameter to allow for the full pad sweep.
        The rears from a 996 GT3 are a good substitute for the standard 996 fronts, the pistons are slightly smaller and you need to swap the crossover pipes over as they are a leading fitment on the rear of the GT3 and the S2 needs them trailing but still a good upgrade.

Pads are not an issue, whoever said they were?

Oh and the 996tt calipers (fronts) are exactly the same as the GT3 fronts.
        Corey
        01636 822288

Comment

Has any one got a template for the front fiterment? or can you get away with it as you go?
          Chef

Comment

The GT3's are made for 34mm disc. Any real life issues when using them with 30mm discs? Or is 32mm the minimum thickness?

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
              The GT3's are made for 34mm disc. Any real life issues when using them with 30mm discs? Or is 32mm the minimum thickness?
              I wouldn't use them on a 30mm disc, 32mm is fine.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

So what reasonable disc would that be? I need to get some "real" discs then? Was hoping I could use my 314mm discs...

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
                  So what reasonable disc would that be? I need to get some "real" discs then? Was hoping I could use my 314mm discs...
                  If you can get a set of hats made you can always use the disc from the 993tt 323x32 and disguard the Porsche hat.
                  Corey
                  01636 822288

Comment

Working...
                  X