bad bad brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad bad brakes

I need better brakes, have original s4 . But I need something better thats a fact of life.

Do I need to change to s6 front susp, or is there something that will fit on these old front "forks"

been locking thruu elsa here at work to compare brakes on audi and i am getting square eyes
    japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
    www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

I take it you've got the ufo front brakes? If so you're going to need something custom. Corey (on S2forum) is making me a conversion with Porsche GT3 calipers and 332mm discs from an AMG with custom brackets and brake lines! You can also use the 996 calipers which are more readilly available but you'll still need custom brackets. Talk to Corey about your options! If you're lucky and have the G60 front calipers you can do the same conversion as the S2 guys do with Porsche 996 calipers, A8 discs and RS2 brackets.
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

http://www.rolleslitz.se/ http://movit.de/rahmen/mercedes.htm some mercedes parts will fit,you will have to open the senter i bit

Comment

Originally posted by merlin's S4
        I take it you've got the ufo front brakes? If so you're going to need something custom. Corey (on S2forum) is making me a conversion with Porsche GT3 calipers and 332mm discs from an AMG with custom brackets and brake lines! You can also use the 996 calipers which are more readilly available but you'll still need custom brackets. Talk to Corey about your options! If you're lucky and have the G60 front calipers you can do the same conversion as the S2 guys do with Porsche 996 calipers, A8 discs and RS2 brackets.
        AFAIK - the UFO equipped S4 can be retrofitted with the later 'big lucas twinpots' (or BLTs as I call them). These are heavy big calipers and work with a 314x30mm disc. To the best of my knowledge that all bolts straight up to the UrS4's that left the factory with the hilarious UFO brakes.

I have a set of dismantled BLT calipers in the garage you can have for the cost of shipment and some beer if anyone likes. I had all great intentions of cleaning them up and renewing seals but I never bothered. All in tact with whatever carriers came of the UrS6 that I got these from.

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

There shocking arent they

Some usefull info here on the subject
          http://www.s-cars.org/postnuke/modul...rticle&sid=152

Mark.

Originally posted by urquattro-island
          I need better brakes, have original s4 . But I need something better thats a fact of life.

Do I need to change to s6 front susp, or is there something that will fit on these old front "forks"

been locking thruu elsa here at work to compare brakes on audi and i am getting square eyes
          91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
          93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
          94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
            AFAIK - the UFO equipped S4 can be retrofitted with the later 'big lucas twinpots' (or BLTs as I call them). These are heavy big calipers and work with a 314x30mm disc. To the best of my knowledge that all bolts straight up to the UrS4's that left the factory with the hilarious UFO brakes.
            Not a straight swap, sorry Paul, you require the HP2 strutr also as the hub is different on the UFO's and does not fit the standard Audi style disc.
            Corey
            01636 822288

Comment

Bummer - I always thought they were bolt on...
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

thanks

for the input, maybe I should just go for newer s6 front susp and make brakes from there.. ufo sucks

Comment

Thats the best option, S6 struts and you should be free to fit any monoblock you want. I couldnt find struts so i just rebuilt the brakes with new disks and pads, such a waste of time, dont waste your money on the UFOs

Originally posted by urquattro-island
                  for the input, maybe I should just go for newer s6 front susp and make brakes from there.. ufo sucks

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
                    Thats the best option, S6 struts and you should be free to fit any monoblock you want. I couldnt find struts so i just rebuilt the brakes with new disks and pads, such a waste of time, dont waste your money on the UFOs
                    No need to fit the later struts, I can supply a mono upgrade to suit the UFO strut.
                    Corey
                    01636 822288

Comment

You can, how much?

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar
                        You can, how much?
                        To keep the cost down we use used calipers and you have 2 choices, 996 4 pot and 320x30mm discs or 996 GT3 4 pots and 332x32mm discs.

996/320 £796
                        996/332 £983

Both kits come with genuine equipment discs (not pattern parts), pads and bolts. Custom brackets that are hard anodised to protect them and custom teflon coated braided brake lines with stainless steel fittings on the end.

All prices quoted are plus delivery and any local taxes
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

Can i be cheeky and ask for just the brackets?

Comment

this

sounds nice, but my cash is really low now, as you know I asked you if youn know anyone who needs turbos or a new cu for 3,0ltr a6 2003mod. I am trying to get rid off a whole lot of parts to fit new brakes on my car...

I really want these porsche brakes their

how mutch are these brackets or am i beeing stupid now

Comment

Brackets are £175 plus shipping, never be afraid to ask the question, how will you know. I am happy either way, if people want to supply their own caliper's that's cool with me. I'll help where ever I can.
                              Corey
                              01636 822288

Comment

Working...
                              X